Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434378

• Lashown Trakel
  • Lashown Trakel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 82
The feedback from the NBA is that he definitely will not be drafted. He doesn’t not have a grade at all. For you older fans had a scout compare him to Jay Burson. They LOVE the kid and he has a opportunity to make money internationally but he’s not an NBA pick. They prevailing thought is if he returns it will be at SJU but not sure what he gains returning 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, SJU85, IDRAFT, Amaseinyourface, richard A Steinfeld, L J S A, Sju grad 13, Making Plays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434381

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 323
Only benefit I can see for him to return since he has already graduated is this.  If his only professional option is overseas then it would give him one season that he could play in front of his family before going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lashown Trakel

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434383

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7279
Great scoop as usual thanks 79. Hope he comes here. But if you have a limited amount of time to make money personally I’d be advising to go for the money overseas 
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, Lashown Trakel

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434384

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 855
I don’t think the overseas opportunities is there yet which is why Rasheem Dunn is at Robert Morris right now.

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434386

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2663

Sju grad 13 post=434384 wrote: I don’t think the overseas opportunities is there yet which is why Rasheem Dunn is at Robert Morris right now.

Some guys started right away, LJ for example is already playing overseas in games. Alvarado and Dunn are in different leagues IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju grad 13, Lashown Trakel

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434387

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3401

mjmaherjr post=434383 wrote: Great scoop as usual thanks 79. Hope he comes here. But if you have a limited amount of time to make money personally I’d be advising to go for the money overseas 

Not sure I like the sober mjm. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, L J S A, Lashown Trakel

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434389

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 218

Lashown Trakel post=434378 wrote: The feedback from the NBA is that he definitely will not be drafted. He doesn’t not have a grade at all. For you older fans had a scout compare him to Jay Burson. They LOVE the kid and he has a opportunity to make money internationally but he’s not an NBA pick. They prevailing thought is if he returns it will be at SJU but not sure what he gains returning 

returning for an extra year means he gets to play in front of family and spend time with his baby.  

next year, once covid is fully under control, his wife(?) and baby could have an easier time flying/visiting...

i think it all really depends on how badly they're in need of financial help.

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434392

• Lashown Trakel
  • Lashown Trakel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 82
Another big factor is what are the international opportunities. His ppl are aware of which leagues pay and which you hold your breath each pay period. Many local kids in the past have gone abroad with a contract and sadly come home empty handed 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, SJU85, IDRAFT, L J S A, Sju grad 13, NCJohnnie

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434394

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 864

Lashown Trakel post=434378 wrote: The feedback from the NBA is that he definitely will not be drafted. He doesn’t not have a grade at all. For you older fans had a scout compare him to Jay Burson. They LOVE the kid and he has a opportunity to make money internationally but he’s not an NBA pick. They prevailing thought is if he returns it will be at SJU but not sure what he gains returning 

Just as long as Alvarado doesn’t break his neck.  Yikes with the Jay Burson comparison!

Alvarado 2 months 1 week ago #434396

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1275

bamafan post=434387 wrote:

mjmaherjr post=434383 wrote: Great scoop as usual thanks 79. Hope he comes here. But if you have a limited amount of time to make money personally I’d be advising to go for the money overseas 

Not sure I like the sober mjm. 

Then just ignore anything he posts before lunch hour is over.  

• Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight