Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450490

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 914
We are not going to win many big east games playing 3 guards that cant shoot.  

Posh is spending most of his time down low rebounding and doing put backs, mathis is terrified to shoot a 3 and with good reason and wusu is a train wreck just putting his head down and driving to the basket getting rejected.

Give me a guard who is hanging around the 3 point line ready to knock down shoots.  And that means playing Smith and Coburn alot more minutes and see what they can do.

The 3 guards who cant shoot experiment isnt working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mean Gene, RJGBOOTSY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450491

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1604

barbs20 post=450485 wrote: I wanted to see enough games before saying anything but Every transfer we got has been just awful. These are suppose to be D1 players but nobody’s can make FTs. Worried about recruiting who would want to join this mess.

Wheeler has played well the last two games
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Paultzman, guinness77, JohnnyFan, Fred Solomon, NCJohnnie, RJGBOOTSY, mm52

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450494

• Duke of Earlington

Mean Gene post=450491 wrote:

barbs20 post=450485 wrote: I wanted to see enough games before saying anything but Every transfer we got has been just awful. These are suppose to be D1 players but nobody’s can make FTs. Worried about recruiting who would want to join this mess.

Agreed.  Moving forward, Im starting the following:
1- Posh
2- Smith
3- Champy
4- Wheeler
5- Soriano

No more posh, mathis and wusu out there at the same time.  Thats over with.

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450495

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 1058

Duke of Earlington post=450490 wrote: We are not going to win many big east games playing 3 guards that cant shoot.  

Posh is spending most of his time down low rebounding and doing put backs, mathis is terrified to shoot a 3 and with good reason and wusu is a train wreck just putting his head down and driving to the basket getting rejected.

Give me a guard who is hanging around the 3 point line ready to knock down shoots.  And that means playing Smith and Coburn alot more minutes and see what they can do.

The 3 guards who cant shoot experiment isnt working.

I agree with an earlier post that Coburn is likely not playing bc he isn’t able to commit to practicing.  Agree that Smith needs more PT.  But even with some changes to the lineup, I fear that we don’t have the horses or the coaching to be an upper echelon team.  If we won tonight, which we almost did, it would have been an absolute steal.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormNC

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450496

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 2826
27-78 from field (34.6%)

Uconn had 15 less attempts and was 47.6%

Blame the refs all you want.  We lost because we can't get ball in basket.

The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, bamafan, Ray Morgan, SLYFOXX1968, Andrew, RJGBOOTSY, barbs20

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450497

• mm52
  • Thank you received: 158
Need different contributors every night.  Tonight wusu didn't have it.  Miss pinzon who I think with regular minutes will help nicely. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450498

• Duke of Earlington

mm52 post=450497 wrote: Need different contributors every night.  Tonight wusu didn't have it.  Miss pinzon who I think with regular minutes will help nicely. 

I agree.  And when Pinzon gets back, he needs to play major minutes.  At this point, the players who are going to be here next year need to get experience.  This is a lost season anyways.

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450499

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 1013
We fought back against a physical and talented team on their home court. So, kudos to the guys.

Unfortunately, blew a great opportunity…

UCONN caught a break on the long pass down court as it saved them time. I was hoping to see them inbound in backcourt. With one ball handler was hoping we would turn them east-west once or twice.

Phantom call on Wheeler was home cooking

Offensive foul on Posh was correct call but Cole should have been called for the arm bar many times.

A few bone head plays hurt - Wheeler stepping on the line on long inbounds pass…yet again another non text book fast break off a steal resulting in a forced shot.

like others have said, CMA needs to rethink some of these combinations. Mathis is better suited to coming off bench. Limited, to no, offensive skills. No outside nor inside game. Gets no lift off floor and can’t use left hand, resulting in every drive being contested. The shots he makes are usually circus variety. He is a good contributor but we need some floor balance and we’re not getting it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: guinness77, RedStormNC, NCJohnnie, Duke of Earlington, mm52

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450501

• barbs20
  • Thank you received: 21

thats fair he has gotten better since BE play started 

(POST GAME) @Connecticut, Wed., Jan. 12, 8:30p, FS-1 4 days 11 hours ago #450503

• Duke of Earlington

barbs20 post=450501 wrote:

thats fair he has gotten better since BE play started 

And he provides some spacing becasue hes knocking down the 3s.  Get Stef Smith in there with him and now it opens the middle for posh to get to the hoop and score.

Posh, Mathis, wusu combo on the floor is killing this team on the offensive end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormNC, RJGBOOTSY

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight