Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450463

• Johnny4Life
  • Johnny4Life's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 36
I remember watching some of the games early in the season thinking Coburn was going to be a 6th man or a third scoring option for this team. Someone with decent length and can knock down the 3 ball with consistency. However, he has gotten zero playing time. Does anyone know why? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450466

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 914

Johnny4Life post=450463 wrote: I remember watching some of the games early in the season thinking Coburn was going to be a 6th man or a third scoring option for this team. Someone with decent length and can knock down the 3 ball with consistency. However, he has gotten zero playing time. Does anyone know why? 

He was pretty bad when he played.  But I agree.  Got to give him some minute and see if he can improve.  Mathis provides zero shooting and you cant play posh, mathis and wusu at the same time anymore.  The def does not have to respect any of these guys shooting.  Its killing us.

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450476

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 1058

Duke of Earlington post=450466 wrote:

Johnny4Life post=450463 wrote: I remember watching some of the games early in the season thinking Coburn was going to be a 6th man or a third scoring option for this team. Someone with decent length and can knock down the 3 ball with consistency. However, he has gotten zero playing time. Does anyone know why? 

He was pretty bad when he played.  But I agree.  Got to give him some minute and see if he can improve.  Mathis provides zero shooting and you cant play posh, mathis and wusu at the same time anymore.  The def does not have to respect any of these guys shooting.  Its killing us.

Why is Stef Smith in the dog house?

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450477

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 2822
He probably doesn't practice much.  He's not going to be a game changer

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450480

• Duke of Earlington

Boo Harvey post=450476 wrote:

Ive seen coarch bark hard at him during games multiple times.  Im going to say its because he isnt great on defense.  Coach would rather play mathis who provides 0 offense then a guy like smith who can shoot but lacks on the def end.

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450481

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 27667

Good question

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450492

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 1521
NY Post had an article today on the under performance of the transfers. Point was made that the fast pace St, John's plays is not a fit for Coburn. Max Hooper 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, BrooklynRed, mm52

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450493

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 896
What defense is Mathis playing? We're still giving up 85+ a game. I'll take Smith and take my chances with his defense.

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450500

• Duke of Earlington

Delaware post=450493 wrote: What defense is Mathis playing? We're still giving up 85+ a game. I'll take Smith and take my chances with his defense.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA.  Agreed.  Ive had enough of Mathis.  He has 0 confidence in his shot.  Not a good attribute for a guard.  

Coburn 3 days 23 hours ago #450502

• Section3
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1011

Routinely gets lost on defense. Unfortunately, he is one of the few potential outside threats so we need him

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight