Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

(POST GAME) @Providence, Sat., Jan. 8, 12 Noon, FS-1 6 days 23 hours ago #450042

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 6033

NCJohnnie post=450010 wrote: Wheeler is not going to be a double digit scorer, that was an outlier. But I have seen from day 1 that he has Big East level talent and if he plays to his strengths (athletic, can defend well at head of the press, rebound and hit the open corner three) will be a contributor from here on. Hope he doesn't prove me wrong, but I am a fan and rooting for him.     

Good assessment. Honestly I would take him over any of the guys who left, but I wouldn't expect double digit scoring, just solid role play and showing he belongs on the court.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST GAME) @Providence, Sat., Jan. 8, 12 Noon, FS-1 6 days 22 hours ago #450049

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 1075
Wheeler played ok on Saturday . If the standard is playing better than he has earlier in the year , he did better .  He came here because he wasn’t going to play much at Purdue . And , Painter , as good a Coach as anybody wasn’t able to get more from him than what he’s shown playing for Anderson .  So , that’s his level . He doesn’t seem to want to mix it up under the Boads, otherwise he could have tried to slow down Watson on Saturday .  He didn’t .    I think we could have used Earlington a lot more this year .  The Duke , though undersized by BE Standards never backed off from the inside work and can score more than Wheeler but , that was last years team .    Just my opinion but , I think it’s pretty clear the outgoing group was better than the incoming . Hey , they went 10-9 last year . It’s doubtful we will have that record in March . 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, RedStormRising

(POST GAME) @Providence, Sat., Jan. 8, 12 Noon, FS-1 4 days 13 hours ago #450243

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 345
Team has talent its just everyone is new besides Julian, Posh, and Wusu. It shows because those 3 have been the best  players so far this year. We lost by 10 to a ranked PC team on the road not really the end of the world. I know excuses excuses but its also the truth. The good thing about our conference is if you get hot there’s always a chance to get a bid. Champagnie should have been BE POY last year and Alexander was ROY and DPOY so how bad has the recruiting been really? Guys need to take a breath and relax a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Dan V.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight