Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 3 days 32 minutes ago #450646

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 1075

L J S A post=450629 wrote:

Boo Harvey post=450627 wrote:

Do you have inside info in support of the proposition that CMA’s job is safe for the next two years, irrespective of results? That strikes me as absurd.

Yep, I do. He's not getting fired.                                             The College Basketball Coaching line up is littered with the names of Coaches who got fired within a year or two of being named their Conferences Coach of the Year .  It s a long and distinguished list .  That being said I agree CMA ‘s contract and extension seemingly give him protection against dismissal .          The old adage of “ Coaches being hired to be fired ,” is inevitable .  Exclusion being Coaches who “ Retire” 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 3 days 32 minutes ago #450647

• SLYFOXX1968

Do you have inside info in support of the proposition that CMA’s job is safe for the next two years, irrespective of results? That strikes me as absurd.

Yep, I do. He's not getting fired.                                             The College Basketball Coaching line up is littered with the names of Coaches who got fired within a year or two of being named their Conferences Coach of the Year .  It s a long and distinguished list .  That being said I agree CMA ‘s contract and extension seemingly give him protection against dismissal .          The old adage of “ Coaches being hired to be fired ,” is inevitable .  Exclusion being Coaches who “ Retire” 

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 3 days 25 minutes ago #450648

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 1058

SLYFOXX1968 post=450647 wrote:

Our very own Brian Mahoney was fired within three years of being named coach of the year.  Let’s see what happens.  I agree he’s not getting fired this year nor should he.  But nobody can predict the future.  If we struggle the next two years, there will be a legitimate push.  Not many power conference schools would keep somebodyaround for more than five years without making the tournament.

Last edit: by Boo Harvey.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 2 days 15 hours ago #450669

• RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2826
Watching the Iona - Manhattan game, and commentator noted how much fundraising Pitino is doing to make improvements to facilities.

Wonder if Anderson is active on this end of the job.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 2 days 39 minutes ago #450686

• SLYFOXX1968

RedStormNC post=450669 wrote: Watching the Iona - Manhattan game, and commentator noted how much fundraising Pitino is doing to make improvements to facilities.

Wonder if Anderson is active on this end of the job.                          Rick Pitino grew up and Coached the Knicks and Celtics here in NY .  Mike Anderson is from Alabama I think and Coached at Tulsa , Missouri and Arkansas .  He would not have the Connections with Alums , Corporate Donors , etc that Slick Rick does . 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormNC

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 2 days 17 minutes ago #450687

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 1132
I know a lot of people disagree w me. But I would have hired Pitino. He would have really turned our program around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, Rehobie, RedStormNC, Ron

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 day 23 hours ago #450691

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 5147

SLYFOXX1968 post=450686 wrote:

RedStormNC post=450669 wrote: Watching the Iona - Manhattan game, and commentator noted how much fundraising Pitino is doing to make improvements to facilities.

Wonder if Anderson is active on this end of the job.                          Rick Pitino grew up and Coached the Knicks and Celtics here in NY .  Mike Anderson is from Alabama I think and Coached at Tulsa , Missouri and Arkansas .  He would not have the Connections with Alums , Corporate Donors , etc that Slick Rick does . 

It doesn’t matter where Anderson comes from but that is just not his personality. Furthermore, he wasn’t hired to fundraise, he was hired to win Bball games. Don’t ask him to be something or someone he is not. If he wins more games from one season to the next attendance will increase, exposure in the media will increase, alumni and others will attend more of the schools fundraising events and as a result of all of the foregoing the money will come in. All I want to see him do is win games , if so the rest will easily fall into place. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tonyinfairfield , SJU85, Phil G, gonzalo, fuchsia, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface, L J S A, JohnnyFan and 3 other people also said thanks.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 day 16 hours ago #450726

• Vinny
  • Thank you received: 28
If StJ is content with the program being mid pack (at best) in B.E. with the NIT our best post season option.  ........ He's the guy.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 day 15 hours ago #450731

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 914

Vinny post=450726 wrote: If StJ is content with the program being mid pack (at best) in B.E. with the NIT our best post season option.  ........ He's the guy.

2 1/2 years in, yes I would have to agree.

Shaka Smart has accomplished more in half a season at Marquette then CMA has in 2 1/2 seasons at SJU.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 day 14 hours ago #450732

• RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2826
Hey, hey....he might not be Shaka Smart, but he did lead a team to score 119 vs. Mississippi Valley St......Lol

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight