Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445245

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 598
Yes,coach has a good thing going pay should be based on performance. He has had enough time to do better.
As a fan tired of being the doormat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445258

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 6030

usguard post=445245 wrote: Yes,coach has a good thing going pay should be based on performance. He has had enough time to do better.
As a fan tired of being the doormat

I hear Kansas has a highly regarded assistant who is from the NYC area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, SJUNC, Monte, jackfro, IDRAFT

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445261

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 914
The honeymoon is over for coach anderson.  I think we have been pretty patient with him as well.  But i dont see us making the ncaa tourney and if thats the case, this has been a failure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycfan, RedStormNC, Tommy O 54

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445284

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1603
Let’s face it, all we have are the glory days of this program to look back upon. We will be a mediocre program going forward. We have horrible facilities, no real homecourt advantage , a horrible on campus arena and we have an aging coach who the game has past by. Unless we get a guy like Repole or some of our big Wall Alumni to pump some real money into the program this is the reality. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445286

• Beast of the East

Mean Gene post=445284 wrote: Let’s face it, all we have are the glory days of this program to look back upon. We will be a mediocre program going forward. We have horrible facilities, no real homecourt advantage , a horrible on campus arena and we have an aging coach who the game has past by. Unless we get a guy like Repole or some of our big Wall Alumni to pump some real money into the program this is the reality. 

Bill Janetschek just wrote a $1 million check to upgrade facilities last year.   If Repole got his way, you'd be posting about firing Hurley instead of Anderson, just like AZ state is rumbling about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, panther2, Mean Gene

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445290

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 2913
Last February it felt like we had so much momentum as a program. 

but then, the mass exodus happened. 

continuity matters. Especially in college basketball. 

Even though we may be high on some of the newcomers… losing guys like Earlington and Greg set this program back… it just did 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, mjmaherjr, IDRAFT, RedStormRising, Las Vegan, panther2, JohnnyFan, Knight

Last edit: by Jack Williams.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445293

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 796
Mean Gene posted all the reasons why SJU is basically irrelevant and the problems could all have been answered with the hiring of Pitino. Instead of traveling the country to sign level 3 players 4 level players hoping to play in the pros would be knocking at SJUs door. Attendance would be up and so would donations.
SJU would have had some nasty articles written about the choice and many SJU alumni would have been upset ,although Iona didn’t run into that problem but by now I imagine the SJU alumni would be behind the hire. Lavin blew the Whitehead recruiting and the board of trustees blew the Pitino situation. If a similar situation arises I hope we have learned our lesson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, barbs20

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445294

• Monte
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 7497
IMO, and again this is just my opinion, what we are willing to accept from our program as fans, is much different then what the administration is willing to accept from the program. We want a team which consistently finishes at or near the top of the conference, is borderline(or better) top 25, and consistently dances. I don't think that's an unreasonable bar. The administration, OTOH, is willing to accept a team with a winning record, which consistently makes the NIT and gives them no headaches. Especially with a coach who they know is not going anywhere anytime soon. I know I'll get others on here who disagree based on what Shanley, Cragg, etc have said, but what's that old saying about talk being cheap? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

Last edit: by Monte.

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445295

• Beast of the East

Enright post=445293 wrote: Mean Gene posted all the reasons why SJU is basically irrelevant and the problems could all have been answered with the hiring of Pitino. Instead of traveling the country to sign level 3 players 4 level players hoping to play in the pros would be knocking at SJUs door. Attendance would be up and so would donations.
SJU would have had some nasty articles written about the choice and many SJU alumni would have been upset ,although Iona didn’t run into that problem but by now I imagine the SJU alumni would be behind the hire. Lavin blew the Whitehead recruiting and the board of trustees blew the Pitino situation. If a similar situation arises I hope we have learned our lesson.

I have good information that SJU is going to hire Bernie Madoff to be their financial advisor.   Our money problems will go away, and he recommends we hire Pitino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, fuchsia

Anderson - is he really the guy ? 1 month 1 week ago #445299

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 262
I hold out hope that we get better as the season progresses as we have in CMAs first two seasons. That said the level of play is concerning as is Posh's health. They need to have him healthy by 12/20. Fitting all these new parts together has not happend hopefully it will. Mark Turgeon had the same problem and was just fired. I think that is crazy in college sports but where things are going. We can revisit this conversation in March.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, panther2

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight