Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443914

• RedStormNC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2493
Kwep an eye out tomorrow..

Our next opponent, NJIT, plays FDU @ 2pm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443976

• Manhattan1
  • Thank you received: 239
If Pitt was actually good I think the schedule would be fine.

3 High Majors and a good mid Major (Colgate) is a solid schedule)>  I would like to see them back in a top tournament next year.  I am hearing early rumors the preseason NIT.  However, no idea on opponents.

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443982

• Catman
  • Thank you received: 102
Before anybody knocks our OOC schedule take a look at UCONN’s
Please!

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443984

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2994

Catman post=443982 wrote: Before anybody knocks our OOC schedule take a look at UCONN’s
Please!

They start the battle for Atlantis today. Their schedule doesn’t show the two other quality games they’ll get out of it.

But even with a soft schedule, uconn has earned respect that we still have to prove we deserve 
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Amaseinyourface.

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443988

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1397

Amaseinyourface post=443984 wrote:

Catman post=443982 wrote: Before anybody knocks our OOC schedule take a look at UCONN’s
Please!

They start the battle for Atlantis today. Their schedule doesn’t show the two other quality games they’ll get out of it.

But even with a soft schedule, uconn has earned respect that we still have to prove we deserve 

I’m watching UConn vs Auburn now and UConn is head and shoulders above us. They’re long , athletic and shoot the hell out the ball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, Delaware

Around the Big East 1 week 1 day ago #443999

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 1758

Mean Gene post=443988 wrote:

Amaseinyourface post=443984 wrote:

Please!

I’m watching UConn vs Auburn now and UConn is head and shoulders above us. They’re long , athletic and shoot the hell out the ball.

Looks like you spoke too soon, UConn has looked terrible in the 2nd half, blew a double digit lead, now heading to OT.  Even if they win, that was not a good 2nd half of basketball against an Auburn team that's missing key pieces including a projected first rounder.  

It's like some of you don't watch college basketball at the beginning of every season or forget about it.  Every team minus a few select Powerhouses, have really bad moments at the beginning of the season, especially teams with a lot of newcomers.  That's why you're seeing Jon Rothstein post EVERY single night of a team losing a buy game/cup cake game because teams are still learning right now.  If your team is having really bad moments in November/Early December that's common, if they are having those same issues in January and February, then that's when you are in trouble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, shamsman2, NCJohnnie

Around the Big East 6 days 10 hours ago #444118

• Mean Gene
The problem with our soft OOC schedule and not being in any of these early season tournaments is not just hurting our strength of schedule but it’s the lack of exposure for our program. ESPN is all over these tournaments and all these schools big or small at some point are being talked about and having the spotlight shined on them and their best players. Especially, if they’re ahead or playing well at the half or wind up winning a big game like Iona. The pre-game, halftime and post game shows are all over them. It’s good exposure for the program and for recruiting. Champagnie and Posh would be talked about the entire time the tournament was in play as long as we were playing well. It really is a lost opportunity on multiple fronts not to play in these tournaments. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Delaware

Around the Big East 6 days 9 hours ago #444120

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5545
Speaking of exposure, our fanbase is about to be exposed when the #3 team  rolls into NYC to play in a 60% empty arena.    I'm sure our biggest recruits invited to the game will take notice.  

I'm going to buy some extra tix next week in the hope that a layer surge in sales can make us look like the big time program it should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Coaster

Around the Big East 6 days 9 hours ago #444121

• Mean Gene

Beast of the East post=444120 wrote: Speaking of exposure, our fanbase is about to be exposed when the #3 team  rolls into NYC to play in a 60% empty arena.    I'm sure our biggest recruits invited to the game will take notice.  

I'm going to buy some extra tix next week in the hope that a layer surge in sales can make us look like the big time program it should be.

Beast, do you think the Covid situation has something to do with it or is affecting ticket sales?

The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Coaster

Around the Big East 6 days 4 hours ago #444139

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 913

Mean Gene post=444121 wrote:

Beast of the East post=444120 wrote: Speaking of exposure, our fanbase is about to be exposed when the #3 team  rolls into NYC to play in a 60% empty arena.    I'm sure our biggest recruits invited to the game will take notice.  

Beast, do you think the Covid situation has something to do with it or is affecting ticket sales?

I know you addressed this question to Beast. . .I’ll add my opinion . . .for some COVID will be a reason, for others it will be cost (especially the Ticketmaster Fee) and for others it’ll be lack of proximity to the area - all understandable.

For most, however, it will be apathy.

Last edit: by Section3.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight