Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 4 weeks ago #437821

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1657

Rob post=437814 wrote: That's my list.  And let's make a good showing as a fan base at the Pitt game, because that won't have the juice of the others.

Also I'd love to keep scheduling Providence at Carnesecca because of the real estate that occupies in Cooley's head.

Schedule the Providence game in a local high school gym lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 4 weeks ago #437822

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7881

lawmanfan post=437809 wrote:

mjmaherjr post=437803 wrote: Let me be the first to say it. 3-4 msg games  at msg absolutely sucks. How many did we have there 2 years ago ? 6 or something ?

You only like MSG because it has AC

I seriously have to start questioning our friendship when you dont give any shoutout to Bronx Pale Ale too

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437959

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4631

Mean Gene post=437952 wrote: Is there a limit on how many pre-season games a team can play? Maybe CMA and Cragg should schedule a couple of extra pre-season games. 

Unless things have changed, I think you are capped at 30(?) total regular season games unless you are part of an exempt tournament. So 30 minus the amount of BE games is the highest amount of OOC games we can play.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437966

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587

L J S A post=437959 wrote:

Mean Gene post=437952 wrote: Is there a limit on how many pre-season games a team can play? Maybe CMA and Cragg should schedule a couple of extra pre-season games. 

Unless things have changed, I think you are capped at 30(?) total regular season games unless you are part of an exempt tournament. So 30 minus the amount of BE games is the highest amount of OOC games we can play.

29 total regular season games. If participating in exempt tournament total may not exceed 31.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437971

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1434

bamafan post=437966 wrote:

29 total regular season games. If participating in exempt tournament total may not exceed 31.

Bama I’m not talking about regular season games. I’m talking about these exhibition games that we play against St. Thomas Aquinas etc. These div 2 and Div 3 schools that we play before the season starts. Is there a cap on those?

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437972

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 3011

Mean Gene post=437971 wrote:

bamafan post=437966 wrote:

Bama I’m not talking about regular season games. I’m talking about these exhibition games that we play against St. Thomas Aquinas etc. These div 2 and Div 3 schools that we play before the season starts. Is there a cap on those?

Idk the number but yes. When it comes to the exhibitions there are limits but I’m pretty sure if teams wanted to they could have as many closed door scrimmages as they want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mean Gene, L J S A

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437977

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587
Unless they changed it within last couple of years it was 2 total of exhibitions and scrimmages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437988

• Zeeman
  • Thank you received: 10
Going back to the good olde days in the 70's/80's. Two exhibition games were put on the schedule every year and were part of the season tickets package. Two that showed up regularly were Athletes in Action and Marathon Oil. Also, an Israeli professional team would appear every few years. Don't remember when that stopped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437990

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1389

Zeeman post=437988 wrote: Going back to the good olde days in the 70's/80's. Two exhibition games were put on the schedule every year and were part of the season tickets package. Two that showed up regularly were Athletes in Action and Marathon Oil. Also, an Israeli professional team would appear every few years. Don't remember when that stopped.

I was a kid back then but I will always remember the Marathon Oil games.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 3 weeks ago #437991

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 3124

Zeeman post=437988 wrote: Going back to the good olde days in the 70's/80's. Two exhibition games were put on the schedule every year and were part of the season tickets package. Two that showed up regularly were Athletes in Action and Marathon Oil. Also, an Israeli professional team would appear every few years. Don't remember when that stopped.

One year, we played the Italian National Team. My friends and I sat right behind their bench. During the timeouts, the players raised their arms and a trainer sprayed their underarms with what smelled like limberger cheese. After the first time, we prayed that there wouldn't be any more timeouts because that stuff left an awful smell that lingered throughout our section. By the way, student tickets were $1 each at that time (late 60's-early 70's).

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight