Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432360

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5989
  • Thank you received: 1275

SJU85 post=432343 wrote:

Making Plays post=432322 wrote:

cappy105 post=432259 wrote: Just wondering what we have scheduled so far. Love to have some nice o/o/c games on slate with one in middle of B/E schedule just in case we need to boost resume at that time. Thinking upcoming year will have fairly normal schedule .

All I've heard about is vs Pitt at Madison Square Garden, it was setup to feature the Champagnie brothers going against each other.  

I'm pretty sure if the roster ends up like we think, with Julian coming back and another really good player added, then they will look to get in the field on one of these high profile pre-season tournaments.



Those high profile tournaments like Battle of Atlantis, Maui Invitational and such are set up one to three years in advance.  There are some doubleheaders that are thrown together.  

It think we are playing someone in the Bif Ten and the min the Big 12/Big East challenge.
 

Some of the secondary tournaments haven't set up their lineups yet, and most of the other BE teams are already committed to one tourney or another so maybe STJ can get in to something.  Here's the schedule I could find for BE teams so far, only STJ and Depaul missing:

Charleston Classic - Marquette
Empire Classic - Providence
Paradise Jam - Creighton
Hall of Fame Tip Off - Villanova
Maui Invitational - Butler
Rocket Mortgage Tip Off - Seton Hall
Battle 4 Atlantis - Yukon
NIT Season Tip Off - Xavier
Orlando Invitational - Georgetown
 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, MarkRedman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432361

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5989
  • Thank you received: 1275
PS Gavitt Game, BE/B12 Challenge probably on tap along with the aforementioned Pitt game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432366

  • Manhattan1
  • Manhattan1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 807
  • Thank you received: 236
Pitt game is part of the Gotham Classic.  We will probably play some cupcakes on campus as part of this.

big ten away
big 12 home

zach has mentioned we are looking to play a big opponent to open up UBS arena
The following user(s) said Thank You: Making Plays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432368

  • Mean Gene
  • Mean Gene's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3762
  • Thank you received: 1299
We need quality OOC games as strength of schedule seems to hold an enormous amount of weight with the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee. Just playing Pitt, a Big 12 and a Big 10 is ok if the Big East is a strong conference next year. If not, just to make sure, we have to try and get into one or two of the early season tournaments that aren’t set yet. Providing they have quality teams in them. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432374

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7676
  • Thank you received: 3401

Manhattan1 post=432366 wrote: Pitt game is part of the Gotham Classic.  We will probably play some cupcakes on campus as part of this.

big ten away
big 12 home

zach has mentioned we are looking to play a big opponent to open up UBS arena

A Kentucky or Duke to assure a sellout or near sellout, wouldn't mind a UCLA either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432378

  • Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 910
  • Thank you received: 1633

SJU85 post=432343 wrote:

Making Plays post=432322 wrote:

cappy105 post=432259 wrote: Just wondering what we have scheduled so far. Love to have some nice o/o/c games on slate with one in middle of B/E schedule just in case we need to boost resume at that time. Thinking upcoming year will have fairly normal schedule .

All I've heard about is vs Pitt at Madison Square Garden, it was setup to feature the Champagnie brothers going against each other.  

I'm pretty sure if the roster ends up like we think, with Julian coming back and another really good player added, then they will look to get in the field on one of these high profile pre-season tournaments.



Those high profile tournaments like Battle of Atlantis, Maui Invitational and such are set up one to three years in advance.  There are some doubleheaders that are thrown together.  

It think we are playing someone in the Bif Ten and the min the Big 12/Big East challenge.

There's a few high profile tournaments that haven't released their complete field yet which means they are still looking for teams.  With that said, I just looked up the Pitt game, and it's apart of a pre-season tournament called the Gotham Classic, so this is likely the only pre-season tournament St. John's plays in.  And you're right they should get a Big 10 game for the Gavitt Games, and then of course they'll get a game for the Big 12/Big East Challenge, so that'll probably do for the high profile games in the non-conference since it's only 11 non-conference games now rather than 13.

Also, for those interested in the pre-season tournaments, this site updates once teams are announced.

www.bloggingthebracket.com/2021/2/17/222...y-season-tournaments

 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Making Plays.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432381

  • Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 910
  • Thank you received: 1633

Manhattan1 post=432366 wrote: Pitt game is part of the Gotham Classic.  We will probably play some cupcakes on campus as part of this.

big ten away
big 12 home

zach has mentioned we are looking to play a big opponent to open up UBS arena

My fault, looks like you already mentioned the Gotham Classic, I read this post after I had already posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432413

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 30708
  • Thank you received: 26089
Mike Cragg

“We are playing in the Gotham Classic against Pitt in MSG ... not sure a final December date has been announced but it will soon. We'll also have two home games as part of the Classic as well - both in Carnesecca Arena!”

re MSG games

”A work in progress ... but we are definitely committed to big games and in MSG!”

”Definitely not playing all our games in MSG ... we'll have a good mix. Everyone keep getting their vaccines ... that will help determine the state of NY opening the capacity. We can't wait to be back in MSG and Carnesecca Arena with our fans!” 
 
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, gonzalo, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432414

  • SLYFOXX1968
  • SLYFOXX1968's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1318
  • Thank you received: 884
We need to get back in the Mix to have OOC dates with Major Programs .  Would Creighton come to play in MSG , when Pandemic lessens ? How about UCLA ? Kansas ? Loyola Chicago ? Duke , Syracuse , etc .  Even if sone of the OOC games are losses , it helps the RPI , SOS, etc 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021-2022 Schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #432415

  • SJU14
  • SJU14's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1762
  • Thank you received: 550

SLYFOXX1968 post=432414 wrote: We need to get back in the Mix to have OOC dates with Major Programs .  Would Creighton come to play in MSG , when Pandemic lessens ? How about UCLA ? Kansas ? Loyola Chicago ? Duke , Syracuse , etc .  Even if sone of the OOC games are losses , it helps the RPI , SOS, etc 


Creighton?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Delaware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight