Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432508

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 1903
I don't know that Soriano will be an every-game starter or a 30 MPG guy.  In fact I'd be surprised if that's the case.  I suspect that he will start a fair number of games and that his floor time in any particular game will depend on the matchup - Coach A is clearly comfortable playing smaller lineups to speed up the game.  But Soriano will be absolutely invaluable for the (many) times that we really need a big man at one end of the floor or the other.  He gives us a dimension that has been sorely lacking.  Love that we will be able to play different ways instead of having to play small ball out of necessity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, Amaseinyourface, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432589

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5471
I feel sorry for Soriano

If he doesn't average a double double this fan base is going to turn on him so quickly.  The chosen big man they have waited forever to get and he won't meet their unrealistic expectations.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, lawmanfan, Room112, Paultzman, RedStormRising, stjohnnie75, Amaseinyourface, Making Plays

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432590

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 474
Well I for one am just glad we have a center and wish him  good luck .  Do  not expect greatness just want him to fill a hole we had for yrs  and fit into our system which if he does will bring with  it many wins
The following user(s) said Thank You: lawmanfan, bamafan, Amaseinyourface, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432591

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 811
Agree with USGuard.   It will add a new dimension to our game and lineups we haven’t had in a lonnnnng time. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, NCJohnnie

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432598

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3349

Moose post=432589 wrote: I feel sorry for Soriano

If he doesn't average a double double this fan base is going to turn on him so quickly.  The chosen big man they have waited forever to get and he won't meet their unrealistic expectations.  

With what we've gotten from the center position lately if he averages half a double double (5 and 5) I'll probably feel like we have stubbled across the second coming of Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, RedStormRising

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #432601

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4381

As long as he averages 18 and 14, and maybe 5 bpg, he won't have any issues with me. But I'll cut him some slack if it's only 4.5 bpg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Delaware

Welcome Joel Soriano, F, Fordham transfer (SJU Commit) 2 months 8 hours ago #432667

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 226

L J S A post=432601 wrote:

As long as he averages 18 and 14, and maybe 5 bpg, he won't have any issues with me. But I'll cut him some slack if it's only 4.5 bpg.

No fouling out either.

The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight