Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431476

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3261

Boo Harvey post=431475 wrote:

Chicago Days post=431471 wrote: Best of luck to all these guys...Carraher, Josh, Marcellus, McGriff, Cole...and GW and Moore wherever they wind up. But although Cole has yet to land, this seems clear evidence that CMA molded a group of mid-major kids into a solid and competitive Big East team. Posh, Champ, Moore, Dunn, and Wusu were the only BE-caliber players on the team.
And this is why, despite the turmoil and uncertainty this freebie transfer rule has caused, I'm confident that CMA and Staff will build a better team to compete in 2021 - 22.
Let's go Johnnies.

I don’t agree with much of your post although I do think CMA did a great job securing the most out of the talent he had.  But you lose all credibility when you suggest Williams is not a Big East caliber player .

Poorly written and unclear on my part: I meant to say both GW and Moore were also Big East players, whom I think will land at high major programs.
Marcellus too although he's not the player he thinks he is, but he was key to our team and he'll be missed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431503

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1281

lawmanfan post=431458 wrote:

otis post=431452 wrote: I wish Marcellus much success at San Diego but I fear that he may soon discover that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the street. 

As The Honorable Monte has previously posted Marcellus' game was tailored for CMA's style of play.  If San Diego does not play a high energy - uptempo style then Marcellus may regret his transfer. 

I object to promoting Monte to the "honorable" Monte, for obvious reasons.

As for San Diego, something is going on there - I believe they also got a transfer from Pitt.  I love Marcellus and I hope he shines there.  Great kid, easy to root for.

I believe both kids wanted to be within the delivery area for the DDD legend OB Noodle House.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431546

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6687
Always a crapshoot to try to guess why kids decided to leave and go where they did. The Duke gave us great energy, was probably our best post defender and hit a surprisingly good percentage from three, including some big ones. If he wants to play overseas, he sees his best chance as a wing who can hit the three and can't argue with that but not what we needed hence reduced minutes from soph to junior year. Interestingly, SD was last in three point attempts in league that takes a fair amount. Would not be at all surprised if Duke was told they need him to shoot a lot of threes and perfect climate doesn't hurt. Godspeed and good luck, you were a Johnnie who did the uniform proud!    
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, IDRAFT, Amaseinyourface

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431553

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7479
Duke of Earlington seen scouting apartments in San Diego for 1 year leases 
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, RedStormRising, NCJohnnie

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431566

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 715

mjmaherjr post=431553 wrote: Duke of Earlington seen scouting apartments in San Diego for 1 year leases 

Ill never see the Duke play again as San Diego is an awful team and will never be televised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, RedStormRising

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431568

• mjmaherjr

Duke of Earlington post=431566 wrote:

mjmaherjr post=431553 wrote: Duke of Earlington seen scouting apartments in San Diego for 1 year leases 

Ill never see the Duke play again as San Diego is an awful team and will never be televised.

we have a couple mental health professionals here in case you are dealing with abandonment issues
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, guinness77

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431570

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5761

They won an NCAA tournament game a lot more recently than our beloved school.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431571

• stormin normin
  • Thank you received: 229

You mean you aren't moving to San Diego so you can more closely follow his journey to the NBA?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431573

• mjmaherjr
The San Diego hoops board just got a new member with the screen name  “ The Toreros Terror “.     I think we all know who that is :)

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 5 months 1 week ago #431576

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1281

Moose post=431570 wrote:

They won an NCAA tournament game a lot more recently than our beloved school.

Wow.  I do not remember that game (yes I felt compelled to look it up).  They held the oft discussed duo of AJ Price and Wiggins to a total of 5 points.   That's actually a pretty good UConn team they beat.  Austrie, Adrien Thabeet and Stanley Robinson.   

Last edit: by austour.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight