Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433717

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3261

Rob post=433716 wrote: Most of the guys that left can play at this level.  But the only one that has a ceiling of being a solid, regular starter is Williams, and that is contingent on his health.  What it shows is that the staff did a great job last year using these guys in their defined roles.  Moore and Cellus, for example, were used IMO as exactly how they should have been.  And because they were used correctly, Anderson was able to get good contributions for them.  They all wanted bigger roles so they went down a level, and nothing wrong with that.  But where they went shows the staff did a darn good job and used those kids in the appropriate roles, which is so important in coaching and often glossed over.

I think Moore also had potential to be a Big East-calibet regular but we'll never know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433718

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2766

Chicago Days post=433717 wrote:

Rob post=433716 wrote: Most of the guys that left can play at this level.  But the only one that has a ceiling of being a solid, regular starter is Williams, and that is contingent on his health.  What it shows is that the staff did a great job last year using these guys in their defined roles.  Moore and Cellus, for example, were used IMO as exactly how they should have been.  And because they were used correctly, Anderson was able to get good contributions for them.  They all wanted bigger roles so they went down a level, and nothing wrong with that.  But where they went shows the staff did a darn good job and used those kids in the appropriate roles, which is so important in coaching and often glossed over.

I think Moore also had potential to be a Big East-calibet regular but we'll never know.

He was the most productive bench player in the BE, that’s gotta say something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433722

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 444
For sure, but I think at this level that's where he was suited best.  Limiting his outside shots and wild play-making from the perimeter.  Living in the paint area and transition.  I think a bit "less" was "more" with him.  He's not, at the BE level, a back-to-the basket throw it in the post kind of offensive player.  Nor did I love him roaming and shooting beyond the arc/deep jumpers, even though he can makes those at times.  The occasional short jumper, put-backs, dunks off penetration and in transition is where he's best and why his FG% skyrocketed when he played in that structure.  The occasional 3 was fine, but he was best when he wasn't roaming on the perimeter.  

Now down a level, he may be able to show off a more versatile skill-set successfully because of the talent drop in competition.  

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433727

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 3840

Amaseinyourface post=433718 wrote:

Chicago Days post=433717 wrote:

He was the most productive bench player in the BE, that’s gotta say something.

Only thing that can stop Moore.....is Moore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Frank61, panther2, Amaseinyourface, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433728

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6687
JohnnyFan wrote:

Only thing that could stop Moore.....is Moore.

Sometimes that's tougher than any defense he'll face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 2 weeks ago #433733

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423
Maybe the truth is that there was little to no interest in our guys from top programs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, Fred Solomon

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 4 days ago #434329

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26610
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Sju grad 13

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 3 days ago #434331

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 247
Calling on Moose to moderate a separate thread on how tall Josh Roberts actually is based on this evidence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, RedStormNC

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 3 days ago #434332

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 867

SJUNC post=434331 wrote: Calling on Moose to moderate a separate thread on how tall Josh Roberts actually is based on this evidence.

Odom is 6’10 and Roberts lists as 6’9.  Seems about right to me.  Maybe He’s 6’8.

Landing Spots for SJU Transfers 4 months 3 days ago #434333

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 867

SJUNC post=434331 wrote: Calling on Moose to moderate a separate thread on how tall Josh Roberts actually is based on this evidence.

Odom is 6’10 and Roberts lists as 6’9.  Seems about right to me.  Maybe He’s 6’8.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight