Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428941

• Not an alum
  • Thank you received: 240
Big fan of Williams and everything he’s done for us. Family is everything. Good luck to him. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428945

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 846
Exactly how many times can a ship sink?
1. Louie retires
2. Pitt train
3. Norm
4. Transferpolluza 

Probably missed a couple

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428947

• kred
  • Thank you received: 86
Makes zero sense unless weve been sold a bill of goods on the style of play that coach runs. Maybe they hate it. Thoughts !

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428948

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2825
  1. billthetruth post=428936

Money post=428924 wrote:

Under these new rules.  Sir Dom wouldn't have been here for his senior season! wrote:

billthetruth post=428910 wrote: And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.

Sir Dom would have  been shown the door after his junior year

Your kidding right? Pointer was on another level talent wise than Greg Williams

You’re kidding right? Sir Don averaged 5.5 points 3 rebs his junior year. What just happened to Bill Parcells and you are what your record tells you? What just happened to if you aren’t an all level player by the end of your junior year you won’t be one as a senior? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, SJU85, RedStormRising, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Amaseinyourface.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428949

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 436
Again good person, nice player, not a big on court difference maker.

Great players dont take 3 years to develop. Those that dont take major step by year 2 (see Champanie) become roll players. Nothing wrong with that but some people think they are more talented than they are, hence that is where you can get jealousy 

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428950

• Lopez_13
  • Thank you received: 41
This one is tough! Greg is an outstanding young man, extremely talented but has been marred by injury. Wish him the best and hopefully he can stay healthy! Would have loved for him to stay. He needs to show this type of assertiveness on the court and he will be an all conference player. 

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428953

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 436

Amaseinyourface post=428948 wrote:

Money post=428924 wrote:

Under these new rules.  Sir Dom wouldn't have been here for his senior season! wrote:

billthetruth post=428910 wrote: And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.

You’re kidding right? Sir Don averaged 5.5 points 3 rebs his junior year. What just happened to Bill Parcells and you are what your record tells you? What just happened to if you aren’t an all level player by the end of your junior year you won’t be one as a senior? 

agree to disagree. Pointer is better than Williams. And I don't think it is even close.  But no reason to argue. We will see next year. If Williams goes to a Power 5 school and is a huge contributor I will eat crow. My sense is a Louisiana State level is where he will land. Tulane at best case. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, QueensBall

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428957

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2825

billthetruth post=428953 wrote:

Amaseinyourface post=428948 wrote:

Money post=428924 wrote:

agree to disagree. Pointer is better than Williams. And I don't think it is even close.  But no reason to argue. We will see next year. If Williams goes to a Power 5 school and is a huge contributor I will eat crow. My sense is a Louisiana State level is where he will land. Tulane at best case. 

Fair. My bet is There will be a long line for an athletic guard who shot 46% from 3 and really doesn’t do anything on the basketball court poorly. If stef Smith is as good as Williams is for us at the BE level I will be ecstatic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428958

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 3033
This one hurts the most. Greg is not a "star" but he was certainly an integral part of our team. Greg is a good glue guy who plays hard all the time, has a high basketball IQ, defends well, is a good rebounder for a guard, can handle the ball and was our best three point shooter. Having him back for his fourth season, with all the experience he has gained, would have been a major plus.

In addition, Greg is a very good student and a team player. His dad was very supportive of him and our program. I will miss Greg and wish him the very best of luck wherever he ends up. I hope that he is healthy next season and plays to his full potential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Delaware, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie, Eric2

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428960

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 1662
Who was the poster again telling everybody how Pitt was just a dumpster fire and how they were much worse off than everybody as far as transfers?  I feel like he should come eat some crow because he was downing everybody else for saying different.

A lot of us knew this new transfer rule was going to be trouble for a lot of teams.  If the coach every did any little thing you didn't like, you can just transfer now with no consequences.  For all we know Williams is transferring because all his friends and family members told him he should be running point over Posh.  This free one time transfer rule is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen in all my years of watching college basketball.  If this is the new norm I'm probably not going to be watching much longer.  Experts expect over 1,500 kids to transfer, that's just stupid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billthetruth, RedStormRising, NCJohnnie, TheArtest15

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight