Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428924

  • Money
  • Money's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 49
  • Thank you received: 54

Under these new rules.  Sir Dom wouldn't have been here for his senior season! wrote:

billthetruth post=428910 wrote: And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.


Sir Dom would have just been shown the door after his junior year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428925

  • TheArtest15
  • TheArtest15's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 153
  • Thank you received: 223
Some of the takes on here are just so outlandish. Greg Williams is the exact player good and winning programs keep around for his 4th year and he contributes to a nice run and NCAA tournament birth. those of you who keep saying that he wasn't CMAs recruit and its ok that he left, WHO CARES! I don't care who recruited him. You need 4 year players in college basketball to round out your roster and contribute to a successful team. He knows CMAs system and does not need a learning curve. All these deflections are not shocking due to the transfer rule this year but as I keep stating not great for us due to the fact that all these new players will have to learn CMAs system. 

Also this is just my opinion, but I don't want to hear CMA has a winning record every year line anymore. He had a great second year this year building off of his first but now the winning record line needs to go out the window and it has to be win now and make the tournament time here. Just my opinion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, IDRAFT, RedStormRising, bamafan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428929

  • Money
  • Money's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 49
  • Thank you received: 54
Out of all of the players transferring out, GW is the only one I am disappointed in seeing leaving.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428930

  • IDRAFT
  • IDRAFT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 533
  • Thank you received: 698
It will be nice if CMA can recruit at the high end of the spectrum in the transfer market. Actually, not nice - it seems mandatory. I'm dubious. So far when recruiting high school players CMA has had to find players that were ranked lower and were better than their rankings. And he has a shown a talent for that. It will be a lot harder to identify "misranked" kids with actual D1 experience. And why will the known best guys pick SJU after a few years of college? They aren't picking SJU out of high school.



 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, RedStormRising, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428932

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6659
  • Thank you received: 3850
Well we landed a very good one for our first one, in Stef Smith. He’s a kid that checks all of those boxes.  Need to land more of these types. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428934

  • Duke of Earlington
  • Duke of Earlington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1678
  • Thank you received: 721

MCNPA post=428932 wrote: Well we landed a very good one for our first one, in Stef Smith. He’s a kid that checks all of those boxes.  Need to land more of these types. 

This was a kid was was decent at vermont.  He will be ok but this team is in deep trouble right now and stef smith isnt helping that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, IDRAFT, Sju grad 13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428936

  • billthetruth
  • billthetruth's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 797
  • Thank you received: 436

Money post=428924 wrote:

Under these new rules.  Sir Dom wouldn't have been here for his senior season! wrote:

billthetruth post=428910 wrote: And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.


Sir Dom would have  been shown the door after his junior year

Your kidding right? Pointer was on another level talent wise than Greg Williams
 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428937

  • IDRAFT
  • IDRAFT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 533
  • Thank you received: 698

TheArtest15 post=428925 wrote: Some of the takes on here are just so outlandish. Greg Williams is the exact player good and winning programs keep around for his 4th year and he contributes to a nice run and NCAA tournament birth. those of you who keep saying that he wasn't CMAs recruit and its ok that he left, WHO CARES! I don't care who recruited him. You need 4 year players in college basketball to round out your roster and contribute to a successful team. He knows CMAs system and does not need a learning curve. All these deflections are not shocking due to the transfer rule this year but as I keep stating not great for us due to the fact that all these new players will have to learn CMAs system. 

Also this is just my opinion, but I don't want to hear CMA has a winning record every year line anymore. He had a great second year this year building off of his first but now the winning record line needs to go out the window and it has to be win now and make the tournament time here. Just my opinion

Bingo. If all these guys suck so bad go get a bunch of better guys and make the damn tournament. If you can't do that I don't see how losing most of the roster was a good thing for the program. This years team with all these awful guys as underclassmen went 10-9 in the Big East. If they were all so bad all these tremendous new guys should be able to go, I don't kn0w, 14-6?  Hope the folks that think these players were a problem are correct.  I would be happy to be wrong on this one.
 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428938

  • kred
  • kred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 594
  • Thank you received: 86
Where could he get run like he would get here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428939

  • we are sju
  • we are sju's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4063
  • Thank you received: 846
So we will have Vermont kid, Posh, Wutang
need 2 more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight