Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428894

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2825

billthetruth post=428890 wrote: As the HOF coach Bill Parcells would say: you are what your record says you are.

Greg Williams is a career 5.6 points per game scorer. 

And don't give me he did not get enough run the last 3 years. Great players force coaches hands and create their opportunities. 

If you think giving Greg’s career ppg is an accurate representation of the type of player we just lost than that explains your stance. But it’s no where close to accurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, IDRAFT, panther2, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428907

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 436

Amaseinyourface post=428894 wrote:

billthetruth post=428890 wrote: As the HOF coach Bill Parcells would say: you are what your record says you are.

Greg Williams is a career 5.6 points per game scorer. 

And don't give me he did not get enough run the last 3 years. Great players force coaches hands and create their opportunities. 

If you think giving Greg’s career ppg is an accurate representation of the type of player we just lost than that explains your stance. But it’s no where close to accurate.

Agree to disagree. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I believe that Smith and the 2 other guards we bring in this offseason will all give us more than Williams has to date. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, MCNPA

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428909

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 721
I have never heard one negative thing from anyone about Greg Williams until today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, IDRAFT, panther2, JohnnyFan, Sju grad 13

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428910

• billthetruth
And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, Knight

Last edit: by billthetruth.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428913

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3516

Duke of Earlington post=428909 wrote: I have never heard one negative thing from anyone about Greg Williams until today.

Girlfriend breaks up with you not the time for platitudes.

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428914

• billthetruth

Duke of Earlington post=428909 wrote: I have never heard one negative thing from anyone about Greg Williams until today.

Other than Creighton game last year at Carnesecca, refresh me on what games the last 3 years you said wow, Greg Williams carried us to victory and was the difference. I cant recall many, but then again, I must be missing something.

I love Dunn's tenacity, but he was a mid-major talent and Williams could not outplay him. Thats the facts

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428915

• Amaseinyourface

billthetruth post=428910 wrote: And again after 3 years, a great player (all league players) would have already shown to be such.

He is a good person and nice player, but his game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.

Sir Dom would have just been shown the door after his junior year
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, IDRAFT, RedStormRising, JohnnyFan, TheArtest15

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428917

• Amaseinyourface

billthetruth post=428914 wrote:

Other than Creighton game last year at Carnesecca, refresh me on what games the last 3 years you said wow, Greg Williams carried us to victory and was the difference. I cant recall many, but then again, I must be missing something.

I love Dunn's tenacity, but he was a mid-major talent and Williams could not outplay him. Thats the facts

And those “mid-major” talents were part of a backcourt that was amongst the upper half in the big East. When you do that you’re not really mid-major talent. You’re quality BE talent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428922

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 6057

billthetruth post=428914 wrote:

Dunn would have been a good role player on a very good team. Which we were not. He should not have had to be a 30MPG player at this level. Same may well hold true for Smith: very good mid major player who is asked to possibly do more then his skills sets allow. Certainly not banking on him to be superior to either Dunn or GWill. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Greg W Enters Portal 6 months 2 weeks ago #428923

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 3869
Ouch......this one hurts. Greg was, by far, my favorite current Johnny and was really looking forward to his senior year.

Class act, intelligent player, solid defender, team leader and one of the most accurate 3 point shooters in the Big East.  I believe, if healthy, Greg was going to explode.

Can't blame CMA for the exodus when over 1,000 kids are in the portal.  It's a unique year and we're not the only team suffering this outcome.   However, I do agree that we have to figure out how to keep this type of player.  When you're not getting the top tier recruits, you have to benefit from upperclassmen.

Best of luck, Greg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, RedStormRising, capmaker, Amaseinyourface, Sju grad 13, mm52

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight