Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431207

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 866

SJU85 post=431174 wrote:

JohnnyFan post=431148 wrote: It's not be about minutes with Greg.  When he was healthy he played as much as anyone.  Take a look at his game log.  It was 31-34 minutes a game (when healthy).  He played 40 minutes versus Georgetown and 37 again Seton Hall in the Big East Tournament. 

Not to re-hash, but I think Greg was miffed by CMA deferring to an underclassmen in crunch time.  Right or wrong, I think that was a big part of it. 

You could be right but he really will be miffed if he decides to comeback and Pinzon takes his starting spot (which some posters seem to think will happen).

Fwiw, Zach suggested that Pinzon was likely to have the least impact of all the freshmen and perhaps play the least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Boo Harvey.

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431208

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1297

Ray Morgan post=431180 wrote:

SJU85 post=431174 wrote:

JohnnyFan post=431148 wrote: It's not be about minutes with Greg.  When he was healthy he played as much as anyone.  Take a look at his game log.  It was 31-34 minutes a game (when healthy).  He played 40 minutes versus Georgetown and 37 again Seton Hall in the Big East Tournament. 

Not to re-hash, but I think Greg was miffed by CMA deferring to an underclassmen in crunch time.  Right or wrong, I think that was a big part of it. 

You could be right but he really will be miffed if he decides to comeback and Pinzon takes his starting spot (which some posters seem to think will happen).

If G Will stays, he will be starting. 

I am not one of those posters as having seen Pinzon play in person a few times (albeit not this year), I am on record on at least one other thread that “the only way Pinzon plays over Williams is if Williams was hurt.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, panther2, JohnnyFan

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431209

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4529

Boo Harvey said: wrote:

Fwiw, Zach suggested that Pinzon was likely to have the least impact of all the freshmen and perhaps play the least.

I'd be shocked if it's not Traore who plays the least. I think all will make some sort of impact, even if it's not in the sexy aspects of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431210

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 3838

SJU85 post=431208 wrote:

Ray Morgan post=431180 wrote:

SJU85 post=431174 wrote:

If G Will stays, he will be starting. 

I am not one of those posters as having seen Pinzon play in person a few times (albeit not this year), I am on record on at least one other thread that “the only way Pinzon plays over Williams is if Williams was hurt.”

Agreed.  Not even fair to Pinzon to compare him to a seasoned senior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431211

• L J S A
I would argue that Pinzon will be better than Williams will be for us, because I expect Williams to be somewhere else.

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431766

• Making Plays
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1654
Here's all the schools that have contacted Greg.

Also, Zach said that Greg has done over 10 Zoom calls, that's a whole lot, most kids in the portal you see them take on average 3-5 zoom calls and focus on those schools.  Zoom calls are basically official visits during covid.  I know his dad mentioned he wanted to see his "worth"  I'm still a little confused on exactly what they mean by that.  Is he trying to see how much playing time the other schools will give him  or is he trying to see if he would be the 1st or 2nd scoring option?

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431769

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6679
Some pretty big schools talking to Greg including 2 from Final Four. See Zach was saying an hour ago that a return to SJU is still a possible option and decision expected soon. Paultz did say last week that this was going to be an eventful week!  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431771

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 917
Why wouldn’t Greg be pursued by such major schools as listed ?  When healthy he is known player with Game that was tested in the BE . He has many skills that any Program including ours would want .  I do think playing Wusu in critical games at crunch time miffed a lot of the guys . And , Wusu did fumble away a game or 2 in the last seconds .  But , as they say , “ Coaches Decision .” 

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431779

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 866

SLYFOXX1968 post=431771 wrote: Why wouldn’t Greg be pursued by such major schools as listed ?  When healthy he is known player with Game that was tested in the BE . He has many skills that any Program including ours would want .  I do think playing Wusu in critical games at crunch time miffed a lot of the guys . And , Wusu did fumble away a game or 2 in the last seconds .  But , as they say , “ Coaches Decision .” 

I have no opinion as to whether Wusu should have gotten as much burn down the stretch but don’t recall him fumbling away any games in the last seconds.  Quite the contrary — he had some big drives.  There was the one pass to Dunn that was fumbled, but I think that was on Dunn.

Greg W Enters Portal 5 months 1 week ago #431793

• L J S A
There are some big names after him, but does he get more playing time at those schools than does here? I haven't checked their rosters, but it seems like it would be tougher to crack Houston's starting lineup than it would be to crack ours with a staff that knows him. I doubt he's one of the rumored "jealous" guys, but if he is, he'd be jealous at any Power team because he's not going to be the Man.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight