Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 4 days 56 minutes ago #412633

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2123

Beast of the East wrote: Basically, Marquette, with a great incoming class, is capable of beating any team in the league on any given night (see Creighton).  Because of inexperience, they can also lose to just about anyone.  If Wojo can keep these guys and add more talent, before long this team should be competing at the top of the conference.

Winnable game for us, but Marquette should be favored by as 6-8 points.

This is exactly right but I fear SJU is catching them in a bad spot.  I think Marquette aftr a slow start and some close losses is now poised to rebound with that win over Providence.   I think like most of the top 7 teams in the conference (the 4 bottom teams being Butler, DePaul, G-town and SJU) they feel they cannot under any circumstance lose to any of the bottom 4 especially at home which means they will be extra focused.

The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 4 days 49 minutes ago #412634

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2123

fordham96 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Basically, Marquette, with a great incoming class, is capable of beating any team in the league on any given night (see Creighton).  Because of inexperience, they can also lose to just about anyone.  If Wojo can keep these guys and add more talent, before long this team should be competing at the top of the conference.

Winnable game for us, but Marquette should be favored by as 6-8 points.

This is exactly right but I fear SJU is catching them in a bad spot.  I think Marquette aftr a slow start and some close losses is now poised to rebound with that win over Providence.   I think like most of the top 7 teams in the conference (the 4 bottom teams being Butler, DePaul, G-town and SJU) they feel they cannot under any circumstance lose to any of the bottom 4 especially at home which means they will be extra focused.

Small correction this is a SJU home game so I would expect a closer line, maybe 3-4 points.  Thought the game was in Milwaukee.

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 22 hours ago #412653

• Johnnie Drama
  • Thank you received: 153

SJU14 wrote:

Monte wrote: I've watched Marquette a lot this season, including last night. Not saying that we can't win, but they are a much more talented team then us this year and it's gonna be tough to beat them.  For starters, they have an extremely mobile Top 25  7' big man in Garcia, to pair up with tough as nails Theo John. Those 2 alone could cause us fits down low. Carton has been playing well and they can score from outside. We will need to bring our A+ game to beat them IMO. We'll also need a huge game from Champ. How we played yesterday definitely won't cut it. 

How does Theo John still have eligibility? Feels like he’s been around for a decade

He went as John Theo the first four years. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Delaware, Las Vegan, bamafan, RedStormNC

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 21 hours ago #412659

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 915
There are some players who it feels like we've had to play against for unreasonably long periods of time.  I'd swear that Archediacono was at Nova for 7 or 8 years.  Kamar Baldwin had to be at least 6 years at Butler.  Delgado was at Seton Hall for at least a decade.  Alpha Diallo spent at least 8 years at Providence, I'd swear.

I know what you mean about Theo John but for whatever reason it doesn't feel like that to me with him. 

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 20 hours ago #412666

• RedStormNC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1819

lawmanfan wrote: There are some players who it feels like we've had to play against for unreasonably long periods of time.  I'd swear that Archediacono was at Nova for 7 or 8 years.  Kamar Baldwin had to be at least 6 years at Butler.  Delgado was at Seton Hall for at least a decade.  Alpha Diallo spent at least 8 years at Providence, I'd swear.

I know what you mean about Theo John but for whatever reason it doesn't feel like that to me with him. 

Eli Cain & Phil Booth were most recents that felt like eternity to me,,, and Jermaine Samuels is the current one that made me shake head at start of season..

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 19 hours ago #412673

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1054
Will Moore be playing ? With Marquette having John and Garcia we are going to need both Moore and Robert's on the court and being productive. 

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 18 hours ago #412674

• weathermannyc
  • Thank you received: 262

Monte wrote: I've watched Marquette a lot this season, including last night. Not saying that we can't win, but they are a much more talented team then us this year and it's gonna be tough to beat them.  For starters, they have an extremely mobile Top 25  7' big man in Garcia, to pair up with tough as nails Theo John. Those 2 alone could cause us fits down low. Carton has been playing well and they can score from outside. We will need to bring our A+ game to beat them IMO. We'll also need a huge game from Champ. How we played yesterday definitely won't cut it. 

I agree.  They can be sloppy with the ball and will have defensive lapses.  But, if we don't bring it on D then they will light up the scoreboard.

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 17 hours ago #412676

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5669

Johnnie Drama wrote:

SJU14 wrote:

How does Theo John still have eligibility? Feels like he’s been around for a decade

He went as John Theo the first four years. 

That was really funny. I needed that. Well done !

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 7 hours ago #412687

• Steve Knortz
  • Thank you received: 63
Ken Pom has SJU losing by three (78-75).  Ken also has SJU losing out, including a loss at DePaul. 

(PRE-GAME) Marquette, Sat., Jan. 16, 12 pm NOON, FS1 / 570 AM WMCA 3 days 4 hours ago #412692

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 536

Steve Knortz wrote: Ken Pom has SJU losing by three (78-75).  Ken also has SJU losing out, including a loss at DePaul. 

Whar about our home game against DePaul?  Will that be rescheduled?

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight