Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 2 days 4 hours ago #412658

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • jerseyshorejohnny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2344

Room112 wrote:

jerseyshorejohnny wrote:

Room112 wrote: To Otis' point about St John's alums who had a positive experience at the school and not steering their children there. My son is only 2, but my wife and I certainly won't be steering him to St John's or even UConn for that matter. We will give him all of the tools to make the best decision for him. We had our own experience and he will have his. And quite frankly, since we plan to fund a major part of his college, value will be important. If he can get into one of the top universities great, we will deal with the cost. But last I checked St John's costs $45K + another $17K room and board. My wife works in the CUNY system, so I'm familiar with what they have to offer. For the costs involved I'd probably steer in that direction if anything. 

Fyi...

www.collegefactual.com/colleges/st-johns...llege/financial-aid/

good to know, thank you for sharing. Didn't realize this: About 100.0% of incoming students receive some financial aid, most of which is scholarships and grants.

St, John's provided close to $275 million in direct financial aid to students during the 2019-20 academic year, which is among the largest amounts of institutional aid provided by any private college or university in the country.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, SLYFOXX1968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Regression? 5 hours 19 minutes ago #412813

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 950

AJ Hidell wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Re SJU, why is it so difficult for us to be a program like SH, a dump in NJ w ratty facilities like us, limited recruiting $? This is not about aspiring for national championship for God’s sake

paultzman...SHU has ratty facilities? have you EVER been to SHU? Have you seen their team locker rooms (3-4 x the size of ours), video room (we do not have a dedicated film/video room as ours is shared by all 17 teams and is also used for athletic dept staff meetings and athletic snack area for all sports)  coaches offices there are huge with each coach having their own office compared to Taffner where two coaches rooms have 3 staff members in them each, sports medicine has underwater treadmills with video and separate recovery rooms and their basketball athletic trainers EACH have their own private offices, not a desk in the corner of a cramped Room like ours does-3 feet away from athletes getting taped each day and weight room is  huge and much nicer , player lounges are nice (ours is a fridge and two couches) Have you seen the inside of their facility at the Prudential Center? They have the Nets NBA facility ALL TO THEMSELVES, huge NBA locker room, their own training room, weight room, coaches lockers, players lounge. We dress in the Knicks and Rangers locker rooms, and must usually exit the room quickly postgame for the next event. SJU cannot even store towels, water bottles, cups, Gatorade, balls, energy bars at MSG. They must pack and bring everything needed on game day EVERY GAME! In all phases, both on campus and at The Rock, we are not even close to them. If you are a recruit or parent and  care about facilities and the bells and whistles, we are at the bottom of the Conference.

Thank you (and I believe you also did previously on another thread) of going into even more details why I've said that Taffner was outdated, two small, cramped and constructed with inferior materials since it opened. 

Regression? 5 hours 3 minutes ago #412814

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5605

AJ Hidell wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Re SJU, why is it so difficult for us to be a program like SH, a dump in NJ w ratty facilities like us, limited recruiting $? This is not about aspiring for national championship for God’s sake

paultzman...SHU has ratty facilities? have you EVER been to SHU? Have you seen their team locker rooms (3-4 x the size of ours), video room (we do not have a dedicated film/video room as ours is shared by all 17 teams and is also used for athletic dept staff meetings and athletic snack area for all sports)  coaches offices there are huge with each coach having their own office compared to Taffner where two coaches rooms have 3 staff members in them each, sports medicine has underwater treadmills with video and separate recovery rooms and their basketball athletic trainers EACH have their own private offices, not a desk in the corner of a cramped Room like ours does-3 feet away from athletes getting taped each day and weight room is  huge and much nicer , player lounges are nice (ours is a fridge and two couches) Have you seen the inside of their facility at the Prudential Center? They have the Nets NBA facility ALL TO THEMSELVES, huge NBA locker room, their own training room, weight room, coaches lockers, players lounge. We dress in the Knicks and Rangers locker rooms, and must usually exit the room quickly postgame for the next event. SJU cannot even store towels, water bottles, cups, Gatorade, balls, energy bars at MSG. They must pack and bring everything needed on game day EVERY GAME! In all phases, both on campus and at The Rock, we are not even close to them. If you are a recruit or parent and  care about facilities and the bells and whistles, we are at the bottom of the Conference.

Super informative AJ. Great job
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, jerseyshorejohnny

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight