Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kudos Posh 4 months 2 weeks ago #410162

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 847

JohnnyFan wrote: For a kid that has played less than ten college basketball games, Posh is off to a damn good start. We all want to see him develop a consistent 3-point shot, but I would prioritize ball handling (it's a little sloppy in traffic) and defense. Regarding his defense....I love the tenacity and uncanny nose for the ball, but there are lapses (mostly over playing and letting the ball get by him). This will get better. He's an impressive freshman PG.

Agree and I think he reined it back in a bit last game, didn’t seem to be getting himself out of position by going for steals as much as he had been. If he sticks to that, he will continue to get his share of steals and we will get many more by being able to defend the passing lanes (a strength of last year’s team).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Delaware, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kudos Posh 4 months 2 weeks ago #410163

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 3758

JohnnyFan wrote: For a kid that has played less than ten college basketball games, Posh is off to a damn good start. We all want to see him develop a consistent 3-point shot, but I would prioritize ball handling (it's a little sloppy in traffic) and defense. Regarding his defense....I love the tenacity and uncanny nose for the ball, but there are lapses (mostly over playing and letting the ball get by him). This will get better. He's an impressive freshman PG.

IMO his ball handling issue in traffic is that he favors his right hand too much. Often he gets too tricky with just his right hand. He needs to work on his left hand a bit more and that is something fixable with some drills and work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLYFOXX1968

Kudos Posh 4 months 2 weeks ago #410173

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2543

MCNPA wrote:

IMO his ball handling issue in traffic is that he favors his right hand too much. Often he gets too tricky with just his right hand. He needs to work on his left hand a bit more and that is something fixable with some drills and work.

Does favor his right quite a bit, but his left arm is the one he broke junior year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Moose

Kudos Posh 4 months 2 weeks ago #410178

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 25240
Talked to a hoops guy who knows Posh since he played biddy ball. He noted PA has always been a winner, fierce competitor, extremely confident and historically on offense overpowered people. Obviously the kid is strong and physical, but he probably is learning the latter is tougher in a league like the Big East.

The same guy felt Posh was never a consistent outside shooter, but will improve there with work and staff guidance. I fully expect he will build on a good initial season and raise the bar next year. Quite happy to have him. An aside, Posh’s presence imo has positively impacted Julian and having played together for many years, there is something to be said for subtle chemistry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Room112, Tonyinfairfield , Moose, RedStormRising, Delaware, bamafan, BrookJersey Redmen, L J S A, Eric and 5 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Kudos Posh 4 months 2 weeks ago #410236

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 2288
For me it all starts with effort, and hopefully he learns and improves his game; very tough OJB training starting at PG at this level as a freshman and I can't help but root like hell for any kid who plays as hard as he does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Paultzman, Delaware, Amaseinyourface, NCJohnnie

Kudos Posh 3 months 2 weeks ago #414659

• Paultzman
  • Away
Posh Alexander is BE Freshman of the Week
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, Tonyinfairfield , redmanwest, MCNPA, Delaware, richard A Steinfeld, NCJohnnie

Kudos Posh 3 months 2 weeks ago #414676

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 830
Ed Cooley doesn't seem to be a fan

Kudos Posh 3 months 2 weeks ago #414678

• Paultzman
  • Away

Sju grad 13 wrote: Ed Cooley doesn't seem to be a fan

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , Sju grad 13

Kudos Posh 3 months 2 weeks ago #414679

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 561
This is another reason to dislike Ed Cooley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , Moose, Delaware, Knight

Kudos Posh 3 months 2 weeks ago #414680

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3283
Good bulletin board material and should fire up Posh even more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , BrookJersey Redmen

Last edit: by bamafan.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight