Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 1 week ago #406446

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 22122
The Long Island Nets have traded for the rights of Tariq Owens, according to Adam Zagoria of Forbes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Tonyinfairfield , SJU85, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 1 week ago #407154

• Paultzman
  • Away
Amar
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 1 week ago #407189

• TheArtest15
  • Thank you received: 100

Paultzman wrote: Amar

Wow look at the hops on that guy! After looking at that highlight he seems ridiculously athletic and has great instincts. He also looks like he can rebound and has great motor that fits perfectly into CMAs system. He will be able to develop him into a 5 star talent. Need to recruit this man asap!

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 1 week ago #407194

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3692
With each new highlight my feeling that our coaches really let him down increases a bit more. He's not unathletic, had good size, wasn't a twig, and was really team-first and enthusiastic. He could have been something here if the coaches were up to the task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, mjmaherjr, bamafan, JohnnyFan, BrooklynRed, TheArtest15

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 1 week ago #407195

• TheArtest15
  • Thank you received: 100

L J S A wrote: With each new highlight my feeling that our coaches really let him down increases a bit more. He's not unathletic, had good size, wasn't a twig, and was really team-first and enthusiastic. He could have been something here if the coaches were up to the task.

Was just being sarcastic, but I don't disagree at all. He definitely could have been useful if developed properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, L J S A

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 3 days ago #408019

• Paultzman
  • Away
Doyle is fun guy & box score speaks volumes about Hatten

The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick, L J S A, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 3 days ago #408029

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 4517

TheArtest15 wrote:

L J S A wrote: With each new highlight my feeling that our coaches really let him down increases a bit more. He's not unathletic, had good size, wasn't a twig, and was really team-first and enthusiastic. He could have been something here if the coaches were up to the task.

Was just being sarcastic, but I don't disagree at all. He definitely could have been useful if developed properly.

I think "consistently useful" was Amar's ceiling.

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 3 days ago #408548

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1194
Does anybody else seem to realize that the best way to get popular with the St. John's fanbase is to leave the program?

I mean, we did nothing but complain about Owens while he was here. Most fans cheered his departure. It's revisionist history now, to say that it was a lost opportunity. We were all glad he left.

As an aside about Amar, he was another guy the fans treated terribly during his time here. Literal moans and groans every time he came in off the bench, and literal shouts of "No! No!" every time he touched the ball (even though he was no lock to shoot it). Hey, I don't think he was a great player by any means, but you know he had to hear those reactions, and I'm sure they didn't do much for his confidence. And no, it's not like Yankees fans booing their players (which I don't particularly like either), because at least in the pros, you know what you signed up for. Most of these kids aren't going to the NBA anyway, so booing serves no purpose, IMO.

That being said, the fans who were at his last home game (the double-OT win over Butler without Ponds) did appreciate his performance in that game. Didn't put up great numbers, but his defense and boxing out prevented Butler's big guys from dominating the boards. We wouldn't have won that game without him.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 23 hours ago #408876

• Paultzman
  • Away
Junior who has done little thus far at Cal St Northridge

The tweet ID given is invalid

Johnnies Tidbits 1 month 22 hours ago #408880

• Paultzman
  • Away
The Kings announced Rico Hines has been promoted to Director of Player Development and Assistant Coach,

These guys always get work it seems

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight