Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405869

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1819
Read here that before choosing TT, he had four other offers: Temple, Tulsa, VCU & Wichita St.

texastech.rivals.com/news/esahia-nyiwe-n...-tech-s-final-roster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405870

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2683

RedStormNC wrote: Read here that before choosing TT, he had four other offers: Temple, Tulsa, VCU & Wichita St.

Nice group of schools. Given all circumstances I'll take this kid on French toast as Arthur George Rust Jr. would say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, NCJohnnie

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405871

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 22122

bamafan wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Read here that before choosing TT, he had four other offers: Temple, Tulsa, VCU & Wichita St.

Nice group of schools. Given all circumstances I'll take this kid on French toast as Arthur George Rust Jr. would say.

Loved Rust, that inveterate gambler lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405872

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3692

Monte wrote: Kid averaged 8 pts and 8 boards in JC. 50% FT shooter. Didn't make the TT team. Hard to get excited about this pick up.

it's hard for me to get excited over recruits I've never heard of who appear out of thin air, but his stats came in a shade under 15 mpg. And we really don't know the Tech circumstances yet (unless they were in the links that I barely glimpsed at so far). I'm not excited as of now, but hope that trends upward as more info is available. I do think someone is out the door, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Paultzman

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405873

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2683
This staff sure keeps recruiting info close to the vest which is actually good because sometimes when word gets out early with certain recruits it can kill the deal (realize this is very rare but can and has happened).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Mike Zaun

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405874

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1599

L J S A wrote:

Monte wrote: Kid averaged 8 pts and 8 boards in JC. 50% FT shooter. Didn't make the TT team. Hard to get excited about this pick up.

it's hard for me to get excited over recruits I've never heard of who appear out of thin air, but his stats came in a shade under 15 mpg. And we really don't know the Tech circumstances yet (unless they were in the links that I barely glimpsed at so far). I'm not excited as of now, but hope that trends upward as more info is available. I do think someone is out the door, though.

I saw he was 2 star but those schools who recruited him are no jokes. How many times do no name bigs dominate our teams over the years? Honestly it's the guards and forwards that I think need to be most talented to do well. If we are using him as a center, most centers are size, defense, and rebounding...plus cleaning up around rim. Wonder if Toro is out door.

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405876

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 1054

L J S A wrote:

If Texas Tech, Temple, Tulsa, VCU & Wichita St were all recruiting him it gives me a certain level of confidence as four of the five schools have all been successful programs. We shall see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405878

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 22122
Zach B
Esahia Nyiwe tells me he will get to campus in the next few weeks. Been training in Atlanta after leaving Texas Tech. #sjubb

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405879

• redmaninalbany
  • Thank you received: 198
watching that YouTube video...he likes the 3.
I can appreciate the reference to his being like Moore.
I'm sure Coach has a system in mind that our 12 outside shooters will mesh into.

Esahia Nyiwe Joins SJU 1 month 1 week ago #405881

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 3036
Not sure what people are questioning here. Big juco kid who’s real athletic and defense-oriented. Can get a possible waiver to play and have decent eligibility left. I see a juco big guy at this spot as a no-lose proposition at this point. Our prospects are still quite good this season. And our weak spot is lack of a big man. We will be bigger,
and even deeper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Andrew, Enright, mm52

Last edit: by MCNPA.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight