• Page:

TOPIC:

Congrats to JaKarr 1 month 4 weeks ago #402540

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3741

Beast of the East wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote: Jakaar's career earning......

I hope he is living small. A large % of former NBA players are broke 5 years after their career ends.

W the money he makes he doesn’t have to live small. Just be prudent and don’t spend everything he makes and invest some of the money.

That's not really true. About half or more goes to income tax. If he bought a place I hope he has a small mortgage. A big mortgage requires a big salary after your playing days end. And then there is upkeep on the home, real estate taxes, etc. Buy a luxury car at close to 100K and it costs 200k in salary to buy.

So lets say he made 5 million in 5 years. 1 million a year becomes 500K. If you buy a house at 2 million after 2 years, and put down 500K, you have a 1.5 million mortgage, plus taxes plus upkeep. On and on.

I'm not sure if he owned or rented, but Draymond was in a relatively small place in Emeryville for most if not all of his first contract. I think most guys on rookie deals would immediately blow all their money on an overpriced place in San Francisco if they played for the Warriors, but he was in a nondescript city bordering Oakland and Berkeley. Aside from Pixar, which you can't get into anyway unless you have connections, the main attractions are Ikea, Target, Barnes & Noble, Trader Joe, Best Buy, and Home Depot. And there's a Halloween Spirit Store every autumn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Congrats to JaKarr 1 month 4 weeks ago #402653

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1142
Hell, Mo who is making 6x what Jakarr is, still lives in my dumpy little neighborhood. At least until he moves to Miami. Have heard he may have been here throughout the crisis rather than in NY but have had no sightings (in my backyard).
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Congrats to JaKarr 1 month 4 weeks ago #402677

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 225

austour wrote: Hell, Mo who is making 6x what Jakarr is, still lives in my dumpy little neighborhood. At least until he moves to Miami. Have heard he may have been here throughout the crisis rather than in NY but have had no sightings (in my backyard).

By dumpy, you mean $3.4mm dumpy?

www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/sto...odern-home-in-venice

Congrats to JaKarr 1 month 4 weeks ago #402716

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1142

SJ_NYC wrote:

austour wrote: Hell, Mo who is making 6x what Jakarr is, still lives in my dumpy little neighborhood. At least until he moves to Miami. Have heard he may have been here throughout the crisis rather than in NY but have had no sightings (in my backyard).

I was being facetious. And he's a mile closer to the beach on the same street as I. But teardowns on 1/8 of an acre on my block start at $1.4m. Glad I bought long ago. His house has some nice curb appeal. Still waiting for an invite.

Congrats to JaKarr 1 month 3 weeks ago #402723

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 225

austour wrote:

SJ_NYC wrote:

I was being facetious. And he's a mile closer to the beach on the same street as I. But teardowns on 1/8 of an acre on my block start at $1.4m. Glad I bought long ago. His house has some nice curb appeal. Still waiting for an invite.

Ha! ok. Enjoy the weather there. It's chilly on the east coast.

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight