Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435132

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1559
Here's my thing. When you look at most Draft Boards you see 3 Big East players projected to be drafted: Booknight, David Duke, and Robinson-Earl. What does each of those have that Julian doesn't? Elite athleticism, projectable on where they fit at the next level, explosiveness/quickness. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435137

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1335
Julian reminds me of a shorter poor man's version of Tim Duncan.

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435138

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2759

Room112 post=435132 wrote: Here's my thing. When you look at most Draft Boards you see 3 Big East players projected to be drafted: Booknight, David Duke, and Robinson-Earl. What does each of those have that Julian doesn't? Elite athleticism, projectable on where they fit at the next level, explosiveness/quickness. 

The guards I agree, I don’t really think JRE is a superior athlete at the forward spot. Definitely bigger and stronger.

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435147

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1281

Andrew post=435137 wrote: Julian reminds me of a shorter poor man's version of Tim Duncan.

I was thinking a taller Iverson but I can see that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamsman2

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435148

• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3837
If we're doing the comparison thing, I'll go with Allan Houston.  No a speedster, could take it to the rim a little bit, but really killed you from deep.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435164

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 866

austour post=435147 wrote:

Andrew post=435137 wrote: Julian reminds me of a shorter poor man's version of Tim Duncan.

He always struck me as a combination of Steph Curry and Michael Jordan

The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435171

• Eric2
  • Thank you received: 14
No disrespect.  I don’t know if these comparisons are jokes because I don’t see the comparison between Julian and Duncan, Curry or Iverson.   Unless we are referring to aspects of their games that Julian needs to hope to make the pros.  Duncan,  a center, was a pure post player, great defense, rebounding, and skilled post scorer.  Never shot deep jumpers.  Iverson,  a super athletic small PG with great speed, defense, handle, penetrating pg with a decent jump shot.   Curry a pg with a great handle, shooting, and ability to penetrate and finish or pass the ball.  Julian is a SF who can be an excellent shooter.  He needs to improve his handle, defense, ability to penetrate and finish or find the open man.  He has good athleticism, not great.  He needs to be able to create space to get his shot off.  Right now in the pros he would be a spot up three point shooter depending on screens or other guys drawing double teams to get open.  He needs to be able to score in different ways.     Break guys down off the dribble, post, and midrange game.  Get a little more crafty in scoring.  Have to be more versatile.  With that said, I love JC but those are aspects of his game I think he could improve upon to become a more complete player that would stick in the pros.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435172

• Long Island Mike
  • Thank you received: 28
The comparison someone else mentioned that was also the one I thought of was Crowder.  Although Crowder is a much better defensive player I see the similarities on offense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric2

Julian is Fine 3 months 6 days ago #435176

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 2283

austour post=435147 wrote:

Allen Iverson ??...can't be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Julian is Fine 3 months 5 days ago #435180

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1559
Just think with all of these areas of improvement we are pointing out for Julian and he was the leading scorer in the Big East this year. That's no small feat. 

The fact of the matter is there are certain players whose game and skills are more tailored for the NBA and some who will only be outstanding college players. There are tons of examples. I love to look back at Troy Bell of BC who won 2 Big East Player of the Year awards but was considered a tweener and never made it in the NBA. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, L J S A

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight