Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433871

• jsk68/73
  • Thank you received: 26
Makes a lot of sense! Today’s world is a lot different than days gone bye. Each person has the opportunity to call their own shots, based on what the tea leaves indicate. Then stay focused and push on forward. Best wishes to Julian!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lawmanfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433873

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 443
Strength of draft class is a factor too.  This year is considered to be stronger than what is projected for next.  That's a factor for kids who view the NBA as the goal out of college and perhaps having a chance at the guaranteed first-round money.

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433875

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423

PharmDJohnnie11 post=433864 wrote: As someone who follows the NBA and NBA draft very closely I have not seen Julian mentioned in any of the many mock drafts I’ve read over the past few weeks. 

At this point Julian is far from a finished product. He can shoot it, but what else does he do at an NBA level? He sure as hell can’t guard anyone, and he isn’t really a finisher around the rim. 

Will coming back for another year here help him increase his stock? Maybe. But even then I don’t really see him sticking in the NBA. So maybe cashing out now is his best option if he knows he can get some guaranteed money. 

I don't get the "he can't guard anyone" comment.   It appears to me that Julian has blocked more shots in crunch time with perfectly executed in your face defense, many of which inappropriately called as fouls, than anyone I can remember.   Blocked shots doesn't make you a defender, but those types of blocks, on your man the whole way and stuff it back at him without fouling is a thing of beauty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLYFOXX1968, Andrew

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433881

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 333

Not an alum post=433863 wrote: FWIW Draft express/ESPN has Justin at 66, Julian 89 and Alvarado 92. 

Julian comes back and is pre season player of the year/improves his draft stock by scoring off the dribble/creating for himself 

or

he plays overseas and gets paid

it’s that simple IMO and it’s his decision. We sit back and wait/wish him luck. He’s a great kid from a great legacy family 

I have an issue with this in a covid world.  Normally I would agree 100%, but, is it even safe to go overseas to play?  I'm not saying it isn't, I have no idea, but should that be a concern as well.  Perhaps the thinking should be either I am getting drafted by the NBA by the end of the first round or I am going to head back to school.  Barring injury (which is why I always say go make money when you can) Europe will still be an option.

Last edit: by Anthony Mattia.

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433882

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 486
All positive directions for him As I said we all wish him the best,a tough decision. But remember he is young and if we follow the science not a risk to get Covic.Not sure but perhaps the team has recd there vacinations? So not going overseas is probably not to risky
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Mattia

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433892

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 452
There are a few paths he can take, but only one of them comes with a college degree.  Maybe that's an enticement or another goal for him.  He seems to be a well rounded guy with the confidence that it takes to make a run at Big East POY.  The supposedly weaker 22 draft also has to play into his decision.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, redken, Frank61, BrookJersey Redmen, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433893

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7439

OLV72 post=433892 wrote: There are a few paths he can take, but only one of them comes with a college degree.  Maybe that's an enticement or another goal for him.  He seems to be a well rounded guy with the confidence that it takes to make a run at Big East POY.  The supposedly weaker 22 draft also has to play into his decision.  

Olv72 is humble he knows a lot more than what he says bevsuse of one of the guys here thst sits part time in 114 but he is 114. Bottom line is the wavering drives us all nuts but no doubt Julian is great and smart kid and has great family. I want him back thought yesterday no chance today slight hope but regardless this kid I wish nothing but good things in life because he deserves it
The following user(s) said Thank You: lawmanfan, kranmars, Tonyinfairfield , RedStormRising, BrookJersey Redmen, L J S A, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433903

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 641
MJ and OLV hit the nail on the head.

Here's my hope--- he comes back, gets his degree in 3 years (easy enough at SJU) and is POY and leading scorer in the BE, second team AA, and mid first round selection in 2022.

On the other hand if he goes, I wish him all the luck in the world, a great kid from a legacy family and one class act.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, OLV72, capmaker, NCJohnnie

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433906

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 1654
www.zagsblog.com/2021/05/12/pitt-st-john...champagnie-brothers/

"St. John’s star Julian Champagnie, the leading scorer in the Big East last season, is testing the draft waters but is expected to return to campus next season, a source close to the situation said."
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, OLV72, ejoyce, capmaker, Amaseinyourface, richard A Steinfeld, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433907

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26604
Common view is Julian will be back fwiw
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, OLV72, Frank61, ejoyce, fan5577, stormin normin

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight