Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433796

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2523
I don't put any creedence into any of this.  I have no doubt a close source told Zach that but I don't think it means anything.  Did he really expect the person to say, "Their tied at the hip..."  That would ruin Julian's announcement since that would already tell us that Julian is staying in the draft.  By saying what the source says it leaves open the possibility that he stays or goes.  Exactly what it was 5 minutes before that tweet....

The only thing I will say is when he declared a lot people just assumed it was unlikely he would stay in draft.  I said it is not that simple and it is much closer than many of you thought/think.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433797

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 486
Thought that a while ago it was going to Long, so  put me on the side of he is not coming back. Think coach and staff have prepared while it will hurt,a new recruit bring something diff to the table and we will be fine

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433798

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 6679
I'm sure it is a tough call for Julian and his family. While Justin is more NBA ready now, having watched them both a fair amount I feel Julian has a higher ceiling and will benefit more from another year in college. If had to guess, I'd say he comes back. Then again what do I know, I'm still getting over having an exacta box of the horses that finished second, third and fourth in the Derby!  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433799

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 866

usguard post=433797 wrote: Thought that a while ago it was going to Long, so  put me on the side of he is not coming back. Think coach and staff have prepared while it will hurt,a new recruit bring something diff to the table and we will be fine

It appear to be at best a 50-50 proposition that Champagnie returns.  If he does not, I don’t think “we will be fine.”  We certainly would not be projected to dance.  As for Alvarado, I don’t see any set of circumstances  it would make sense for him to come here given the uncertainty surrounding Champagnie.  Even if Champagnie were to stay, Alvarado  strikes me as a long shot.  

Make no mistake and let’s not sugarcoat things, it would be devastating if Champagnie were to leave.  Absent Posh, we would essentially be starting from scratch with a cast of unheralded newcomers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface

Last edit: by Boo Harvey.

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433803

• Mario
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 129
We have a terrible history or being "lucky" in having athletes on the bubble return back for another year. I'm hoping we get lucky! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, RedStormRising

Julian is Fine 4 months 2 weeks ago #433805

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2523
I'm hoping whether he returns for another year or not Julian does what is best for him because that is all that matters.

Mario post=433803
We have a terrible history or being "lucky" in having athletes on the bubble return back for another year. I'm hoping we get lucky! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SeattleJohnny

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433806

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 866

fordham96 post=433805 wrote: I'm hoping whether he returns for another year or not Julian does what is best for him because that is all that matters.

Mario post=433803

As a SJU fan, I’m not so altruistic.  I suspect neither is Champagnie.

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433811

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4529

bamafan wrote: Not sure why many on here keep saying basically that Julian will do the same as Justin. They went to different colleges no?

Didn't Pitt want to redshirt Julian?

Last edit: by L J S A. Reason: html code

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433812

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 26603

L J S A post=433811 wrote:

bamafan wrote: Not sure why many on here keep saying basically that Julian will do the same as Justin. They went to different colleges no?

Didn't Pitt want to redshirt Julian?

Wanted to stash him at prep school I believe 
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Julian is Fine 4 months 1 week ago #433813

• Mario
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 129

fordham96 post=433805 wrote: I'm hoping whether he returns for another year or not Julian does what is best for him because that is all that matters.

Mario post=433803

Can still hope that we get lucky. 

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight