Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julian is Fine 1 month 6 days ago #435185

• fuchsia
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 713
Jeff Green comparison seems right to me.  I have Duncan as all-time NBA first team (beating out Bob Pettit at the 4 and joining Oscar, Russ, LeBron, and Jordan).  Suspect Julian will get stronger and tougher on D and if he comes back will be a second half of first round pick next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fuchsia. Reason: grammar

Julian is Fine 1 month 6 days ago #435186

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1527

fuchsia post=435185 wrote: Jeff Green comparison seems right to me.  I have Duncan as all-time NBA first team (beating out Bob Pettit at the 4 and joining Oscar, Russ, LeBron, and Jordan).  Suspect Julian will get stronger and tougher on D and if he comes back will be a second half of first round pick next year.

But that's the thing, Jeff Green is known as a solid/above average defender. Which is a big reason he's stuck around the league so long. I don't think Julian has that rep just yet. Admittedly, I have no idea if Jeff Green had that reputation coming out of college. 

Julian is Fine 1 month 6 days ago #435188

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 422
Jeff Green was a lottery pick and viewed as a much higher level athlete coming out of college than Julian (and that’s no knock on JC). Green’s carved out a career as a rotation guy because he can shoot the 3 (like JC has shown at the college level), but also get to the basket and defend multiple spots. The latter two areas is where JC can really help himself by returning. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112

Julian is Fine 1 month 5 days ago #435189

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 134
These comparisons are pure lunacy

that is all 
The following user(s) said Thank You: OhioFan, Paultzman, SJU85, Section9, bamafan, Spocky Ramone, Eric2

Julian is Fine 1 month 4 days ago #435209

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1271

thetux1 post=435189 wrote: These comparisons are pure lunacy

that is all 

Okay.  Maybe Chamberlain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, Spocky Ramone

Julian is Fine 1 month 4 days ago #435210

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4458
I can see the Duncan one actually, if we are talking economy of motion. But JC's career will never look like Duncan's so I can also see why posters are like "WTF?"

If Julian can improve this year and land in the right spot next year, he can be a longtime NBA bench player. I'm not sure if that's what kids want to hear, but $60 million in lifetime earnings for knowing your role (and picking up some local endorsements for being a likable member of the community) sounds pretty appealing to me.

Julian is Fine 1 month 4 days ago #435211

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 3765
Wait.....I thought the Duncan thing was a joke.  Duncan was a 6'11" Hall-of-Fame C/PF who made a living with post-up moves and a mid-range jumper.  Where is the similarity?  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, RedStormRising, NCJohnnie, Eric2

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Julian is Fine 1 month 4 days ago #435212

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4458

JohnnyFan post=435211 wrote: Wait.....I thought the Duncan thing was a joke.  Duncan was a 6'11" Hall-of-Fame C/PF who made a living with post-up moves and a mid-range jumper.  Where is the similarity?  

I don't know if it was actually a joke or not. The jokes definitely came rolling in after Andrew said it. But my point stands. It's literally the only point (except maybe court demeanor as well). I don't think anyone sane thinks Julian will be an all-time great, and there are probably more NBA-ready players with the same two characteristics on teams I don't follow . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Julian is Fine 1 month 3 days ago #435231

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5406
I don't know how he compares as a player, but he looks a lot like the kid who plays at Pitt
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Andrew, Spocky Ramone

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

Julian is Fine 1 month 3 days ago #435237

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 854
I feel confident his latest I.G post is confirming he’s coming back. I could be wrong tho

Last edit: by Sju grad 13.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight