Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 13 hours ago #402359

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 1022
I took a flu shot 30 years ago and within a few days became extremely ill for 1 month. Coincidence? That's what my physician says. I never took another flu shot, while many friends that did still contracted the flu and the symptoms were not mild as they were promised.

Covid is still a big mystery. There are long haulers that were young and healthy yet still have symptoms months after "recovering". Healthy people of all ages that didn't make it, and some in their nineties that are no worse for wear. My guess is that when millions of doses are administered, some people will get sick from it and some may suffer the worst of consequences. I will still take the shot, since living with such restrictions is no way to really live. I am hopeful that by tournament time, the vaccine will have reduced risk to the point where the NCAA feels confident with moving forward. The problem is getting to that point without the season falling apart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, fuchsia, panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 13 hours ago #402360

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2464

Knight wrote: Topic?

Around the Big East 20/21 ;) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 12 hours ago #402363

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1438

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote: Sadly, I think the leagues will come to the realization soon. There will be some bubble tournaments and maybe a late NCAA Tournament (May or June). The kids will get an extra year and 2021-2022 will be back to normal.

With the loss of the NCAA tournament last year (and the huge amount of $$$ associated with it), the powers that be are going to be desperate to not let it happen two years in a row.

I suspect that they will make every attempt to come up a creative plan to save the tournament in some manner this season.

Make all 300+ teams participate in tournament. A wacky year deserves a wacky ending.

I'd have 2 tournament.
The ncaa tourney in which you put in 60 teams.
Also a play-in tournament, which you have 32 teams, whoever makes the f4 gets the last 4 spots.
Go back to 64 teams, I mean you'd have 92 teams altogether.

The other option is a mega tournament with 64 teams on each side of the bracket, 128 teams altogether, with no play-in game.

How do you pick the 60 teams if there are no, or very few, games played in the regular season?

Maybe by March there are enough vaccinations available to have one huge national tournament?

You mentioned vaccines not me, but I'll answer you.

Pfizer and the other has 95% of working, Pfizer says theirs are safe, so why can't people start taking it?

People just need to get out of the way and allow people who want it to take it

Dude, what is your problem?
Seriously...we were discussing the possibility of them having a tournament with very limited or no regular season games being played. under that scenario, my hope would be that there would be enough vaccinations produced and available by march to allow the to play one big 300 team tournament. That is all.

That you had to take it even further and suggest someone is standing in the way of people getting the vaccine (that isn't approved or even produced yet) is absurd, and sadly par for the course with you.

Please stop trying to hijack peaceful conversations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Ron

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 12 hours ago #402366

• EliteBaller K
  • Thank you received: 103

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote: Sadly, I think the leagues will come to the realization soon. There will be some bubble tournaments and maybe a late NCAA Tournament (May or June). The kids will get an extra year and 2021-2022 will be back to normal.

With the loss of the NCAA tournament last year (and the huge amount of $$$ associated with it), the powers that be are going to be desperate to not let it happen two years in a row.

I suspect that they will make every attempt to come up a creative plan to save the tournament in some manner this season.

Make all 300+ teams participate in tournament. A wacky year deserves a wacky ending.

I'd have 2 tournament.
Also a play-in tournament, which you have 32 teams, whoever makes the f4 gets the last 4 spots.

The other option is a mega tournament with 64 teams on each side of the bracket, 128 teams altogether, with no play-in game.

How do you pick the 60 teams if there are no, or very few, games played in the regular season?

Maybe by March there are enough vaccinations available to have one huge national tournament?

Pfizer and the other has 95% of working, Pfizer says theirs are safe, so why can't people start taking it?

Seriously...we were discussing the possibility of them having a tournament with very limited or no regular season games being played. under that scenario, my hope would be that there would be enough vaccinations produced and available by march to allow the to play one big 300 team tournament. That is all.

That you had to take it even further and suggest someone is standing in the way of people getting the vaccine (that isn't approved or even produced yet) is absurd, and sadly par for the course with you.

"That you had to take it even further and suggest someone is standing in the way of people getting the vaccine (that isn't approved or even produced yet) is absurd, and sadly par for the course with you."

I must be dreaming then. I'm done.

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 12 hours ago #402367

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1438

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

I'd have 2 tournament.

"That you had to take it even further and suggest someone is standing in the way of people getting the vaccine (that isn't approved or even produced yet) is absurd, and sadly par for the course with you."

Promise?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Around the Big East 20/21 5 days 11 hours ago #402373

• EliteBaller K
  • Thank you received: 103

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

I'd have 2 tournament.

Promise?

Yep, thought we were having a civil discussion, I wasn't getting nasty. But then you say I'm hi-jacking a thread when I was just answering you.
But you want.to make it out like I'm the bad guy?

Well ill not having another conversation with you anymore, even if you try and start one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2

Last edit: by EliteBaller K.

Around the Big East 20/21 3 days 8 hours ago #402446

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 20895

Around the Big East 20/21 3 days 6 hours ago #402454

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1465
As I've said for a while now, let's see what Willard can do with SH without a bonafide monster player like he's always had recently e.g. Whitehead, Powell, etc. I know their transfer Aiken should be good but highly doubt he comes anywhere near replacing that type of player. But this is the type of year where Willard can silence me if he still makes tourney.

Around the Big East 20/21 2 days 18 hours ago #402478

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 20895

Mike Zaun wrote: As I've said for a while now, let's see what Willard can do with SH without a bonafide monster player like he's always had recently e.g. Whitehead, Powell, etc. I know their transfer Aiken should be good but highly doubt he comes anywhere near replacing that type of player. But this is the type of year where Willard can silence me if he still makes tourney.

God or lightning bolt could not silence you Mike :)

Aiken is injury prone so that may dictate how they finish.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Around the Big East 20/21 2 days 18 hours ago #402479

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2800

Ray Morgan wrote: I took a flu shot 30 years ago and within a few days became extremely ill for 1 month. Coincidence? That's what my physician says. I never took another flu shot, while many friends that did still contracted the flu and the symptoms were not mild as they were promised.

Covid is still a big mystery. There are long haulers that were young and healthy yet still have symptoms months after "recovering". Healthy people of all ages that didn't make it, and some in their nineties that are no worse for wear. My guess is that when millions of doses are administered, some people will get sick from it and some may suffer the worst of consequences. I will still take the shot, since living with such restrictions is no way to really live. I am hopeful that by tournament time, the vaccine will have reduced risk to the point where the NCAA feels confident with moving forward. The problem is getting to that point without the season falling apart.

You can not get the flu from a flu shot. It’s impossible FYI. The new Covid vaccine isn’t even live nor dead virus. It introduces the spike protein so you body builds defenses against it. Again, won’t be able to get Covid from the new vaccine. Other symptoms possible but to this point no serious side effects.

Last edit: by MCNPA.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight