Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

HC Rankings 1 week 22 hours ago #399801

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3437
You guys do know that Nova, under Wright, was placed on 2 years probation for recruiting violations, don't you?

www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=ncb&id=1836464

Again, I think he's one of the most ethical coaches around, but let's not paint him out to be Mother Teresa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrookJersey Redmen, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HC Rankings 1 week 22 hours ago #399802

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3437

Paul Massell wrote: Kansas is like Ray's Pizza. They claim to be the birthplace of basketball (along with Canada, Massachusetts, NY, Mexico and the YMCA. Vanderbilt who claims to have invented it for College). Regardless of who is the original (I'm going with Mexico), Kansas has great pizza. Actually they have terrible pizza but definitely a cornerstone of college basketball moreso than any of the great modern programs. Best coach in college basketball right now, to me is Jay Wright.

To me the original Original Rays was on 6th Ave and 11th st. I worked at the A + P on the same block all through high school and ate there all the time. I have yet to taste any pizza that even comes close
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, BrookJersey Redmen

Last edit: by Monte.

HC Rankings 1 week 22 hours ago #399804

• SJU85
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 832

Monte wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Kansas is like Ray's Pizza. They claim to be the birthplace of basketball (along with Canada, Massachusetts, NY, Mexico and the YMCA. Vanderbilt who claims to have invented it for College). Regardless of who is the original (I'm going with Mexico), Kansas has great pizza. Actually they have terrible pizza but definitely a cornerstone of college basketball moreso than any of the great modern programs. Best coach in college basketball right now, to me is Jay Wright.

To me the original Original Rays was on 6th Ave and 11th st. I worked at the A + P on the same block all through high school and ate there all the time. I have yet to taste any pizza that even comes close

Loved that spot. So did many celebrities. There was also the time the student flew over from the other side of the pond and brought several pies to go and took them back for his classmates (made the TV and print news and they had pictures of the event on the wall). Fond memories
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, BrookJersey Redmen

HC Rankings 1 week 3 hours ago #399839

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 1014
CMA has won everywhere because he knows what it takes to make his pressure defense work, and the type of players that will be a perfect fit for that style. I am confident that he does not need 4 and 5 star talent to make his system succeed. His teams will always be an overachieving bunch of 3 star players. It will be enough some years to make the dance. Going deep in the dance is more problematic without the 4 and 5 star talent. From a pure coaching standpoint, he did everything expected and more. He got contributions from former bench players, and had the team looking coherent from day 1, and had them playing their best ball at the end of the season. CMA is the first coach here in some time that can both recognize and develop talent and quality young men, and coach them to maximize their chances of winning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, gonzalo, Las Vegan, panther2, Mean Gene, L J S A

Last edit: by Ray Morgan.

HC Rankings 6 days 5 hours ago #399859

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 222
I agree with lawman; I live in NJ, and hate, I mean hate losing to SH. But Willard's teams has consistently gotten the better of us. sometimes to the tune of 30 pt blowouts (I have been there).

Willard (grudgingly) is a good coach. He should be higher ranked than he is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

HC Rankings 6 days 5 hours ago #399860

• BrookJersey Redmen
Any HC that sucked up to Mike Francesa, like JW has done over the years, I do not appreciate no matter how good they are. I guess I think so little of pompous Fatso, and wish some of these Head coaches would have kept off his show, and not given him the credibility he did not deserve. MF (appropriate initials) used to brag about how "close" he was to Wright. It made me want to throw up, like when he called SJU a "joke", a "mom and pop embarrassment", even if he felt that way, don't use your bully pulpit to smear your alma mater.

HC Rankings 6 days 5 hours ago #399861

• BrookJersey Redmen
Wright should also be higher than 8 in my opinion, his success at a non public/non-big time school speaks for itself. If he continues to excel he should rank in the top five at the least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight