Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Cragg/Twitter 5 days 14 hours ago #402349

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 20895
Cragg;

“ No doubt many challenges ahead but the Big East remains strongly committed to health, safety AND playing basketball! Looking at different scenarios has been a constant conversation since August. I am interested in how Mohegan Sun “bubbleville” goes next three weeks.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Mike Cragg/Twitter 5 days 13 hours ago #402352

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 686

Paultzman wrote: Cragg;

“ No doubt many challenges ahead but the Big East remains strongly committed to health, safety AND playing basketball! Looking at different scenarios has been a constant conversation since August. I am interested in how Mohegan Sun “bubbleville” goes next three weeks.”

Hard to disagree with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Mike Cragg/Twitter 5 days 11 hours ago #402369

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 636
"Bubbleville", sounds like a netflix show that Maher would binge watch.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Mike Cragg/Twitter 5 days 6 hours ago #402384

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 20895
Dear Friends,

Trusting this email finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy during these challenging times while also, like us, full of gratitude for the holiday season ahead. As we continue working through this global pandemic, I wanted to take the opportunity to share an update on your St. John’s athletics program and the 350 student-athletes who proudly wear the Red and White.

Following the abrupt end of last year’s Winter and Spring sports seasons, even while in shock and disappointment, our student-athletes stayed strong and showed their St. John’s heart and grit by excelling where they could, in the classroom. A program-record 230 student-athletes were named to the 2019-20 BIG EAST All-Academic Team with an overall spring semester combined GPA of 3.72! Incredible work!

Since our return to campus in August – helping keep our student-athletes, coaches and staff safe has been the top University priority. In setting up our Athletics Tomorrow Task Force – our group forged the way to the strictest of safety standards for daily workouts and time together. It has all paid off along with an incredible commitment by our student-athletes in their lifestyle choices to put us on the brink of the basketball season opening November 25th!

All of the rest of our student-athletes are now heading home for the holiday break and will be back on campus in January – as the seasons will open up for BIG EAST competition in February.

All of this commitment to continued excellence has come with a price as our extensive testing, nutrition, mental health and training costs – have all risen while not able to open our doors for attendance and revenue in men’s basketball. This will be financially challenging – there is no getting around it and our University remains committed to providing a first-rate experience but we need your assistance as well.

With that in mind, we are excited to announce the “Johnnies United” Campaign, started in an effort to help provide the resources necessary to assist our student-athletes reach their goals during these unprecedented times. We hope you will rally with us and while these days are uncertain, there is one constant: St. John’s Athletes EXPECT TO WIN.

I look forward to continuing to update you, and long for the days we can be together in Carnesecca, Belson, DaSilva, Kaiser, and the Red Storm field – cheering on our Johnnies! We will get there…I promise…and please remain proud of your University – it has earned it!

Best always,

Mike

Mike Cragg
Director of Athletics

Link: www.givecampus.com/schools/StJohns/johnn...n/?a=4077025#updates
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, bamafan

Last edit: by Paultzman.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight