Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Cragg/Twitter 3 months 19 hours ago #396955

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 20895
Question - Any chance of a BB game between Pitt and SJU before the Champagnie brothers graduate?

Cragg Answer - We would all love for that to work out ... seems to me that MSG would be a perfect location for a big game! Stay tuned.

MC comment - All Fall Sports student-athletes will receive an extra year of eligibility. That will definitely impact team roster sizes while scholarship limits will only have a one-year exemption in 2021. Like last Spring, our coaches will manage with our administration - worked out great.

Question- Good afternoon, Mike! Are you able to provide any update on the 2020 NIT SeasonTip-Off given that Arizona will not be in attendance following the Pac-12's decision to cancel all athletics through 1/1/20?

Response- Spoke with ESPN organizers last week - tough to predict given the current travel restrictions in NY as well. Arizona is definitely out. Like most everything - constant evaluation and communication being done. Sounds like we will have a mid-September guidance from NCAA w/hoops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Mike Cragg/Twitter 3 months 19 hours ago #396956

• Paultzman
Question- Probably already been asked, but what's the most likely scenario for the upcoming basketball seasons (M & W) as we sit here today?

Answer - Every day is a new one - I know we will only go forward with all of the participants' health / safety at the forefront of the decision-making. We are all hopeful that means starting the season on November 10. We will learn more from football coming up soon. We need rapid testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 4 weeks ago #397104

• Paultzman
QUEENS, N.Y. – St. John's University Director of Athletics Mike Cragg has been named to the NCAA Division I Competition Oversight Committee. His two-year term will run through the 2021-22 academic year.

The NCAA Division I Competition Oversight Committee is responsible for oversight of regular season and championships administration in sports other than football, men's basketball and women's basketball, including supervision of qualification and selection procedures for national championships. The committee's central focus is prioritizing the enhancement of the student-athlete academic and athletic experience while promoting student-athletes' personal growth and leadership development.

"I am deeply honored to be afforded this tremendous opportunity to represent St. John's University and the BIG EAST Conference on a national level," said Cragg. "I look forward to working with my fellow committee members to enhance the overall experience for thousands of student-athletes and to help further advance Division I sports."

The Competition Oversight Committee reviews recommendations from sports committees and processes other issues related to administration of those championships. The sports committees, other than football and men's and women's basketball, report directly to the Competition Oversight Committee.
SJU press release
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Tonyinfairfield , Beast of the East, SJU85, jerseyshorejohnny, gonzalo, Valgoth Valgoth, shamsman2, JohnnyFan

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398035

• Paultzman
@MikeCraggSJU If there is a basketball season this fall, I think it would be a great idea to implement some sort of virtual tip off. Tip off is my favorite day on campus and my time at St. John's will be coming to an end soon, a live stream show would be an excellent replacement.

Response
Thanks. We are working up some ideas on this, including virtual/access season “tickets” if health officials deem crowds to be unsafe during the regular season. Our @StJohnsCreative, @RedStormTix and many others are hard at work! Appreciate your support!

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398036

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 210

Paultzman wrote: @MikeCraggSJU If there is a basketball season this fall, I think it would be a great idea to implement some sort of virtual tip off. Tip off is my favorite day on campus and my time at St. John's will be coming to an end soon, a live stream show would be an excellent replacement.

Response
Thanks. We are working up some ideas on this, including virtual/access season “tickets” if health officials deem crowds to be unsafe during the regular season. Our @StJohnsCreative, @RedStormTix and many others are hard at work! Appreciate your support!

When I first read this I thought Cragg was saying it and I freaked a little until I read it again and realized it was a question coming in
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Tonyinfairfield , Delaware, Knight, Sju grad 13

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398039

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 144
has anyone here renewed their season tickets?

this is the first time since i finished school 18 years ago that i won't renew. even during the norm years and recession, i made the financial sacrifice to make it work.

but with a new baby its just not worth the risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398040

• P1NSTR1PEZ
  • Thank you received: 65
i declined this year due to all the uncertainty

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398045

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1179
I love what Mike Cragg has done for the school and the professionalism he brings. Just can't help but have this sinking feeling that he will get scooped up by a school who can present him with a better opportunity, whenever that may be. Remember he came from Duke, so he may have his eyes set on a job like that before long. That being said, he never appears to act like someone who has a foot out the door, which I can appreciate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Tonyinfairfield , jerseyshorejohnny

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398048

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1806
I sent an email to Mike Cragg asking about the Basketball schedule, his reply as follows:

Re: MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE- 2020-21

Rich -

Thanks for writing and your interest in the upcoming men's basketball season. You ask a great question - and we don't know the answer yet.  The NCAA Council is supposed to give us a new starting date later this week and then the Big East will draw up schedules for the conference games.  My bet will be that we are several weeks away from a public schedule - around ‪October 1‬?

A lot of unknowns - please stay safe and heathy!

Best -

Mike

Mike Cragg
Director of Athletics
‪craggm@stjohns.edu‬
@MikeCraggSJU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , RedStormNC

Mike Cragg/Twitter 2 months 1 week ago #398049

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1139
I renewed my tickets. The school was very gracious about letting me put a deposit down and paying the remainder off by December 1st. I think it has been mentioned that if there is no season you have the following options.
1 - Refund
2 - Defer to next season
3. Contribute the money
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , IDRAFT

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight