Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 9 hours ago #412699

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 645
The best PG we have had in the last 20 years was Erick Barckley . No doubt there . Erick have any kids who play hoops ? Just asking.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 8 hours ago #412701

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1142

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: The best PG we have had in the last 20 years was Erick Barckley . No doubt there . Erick have any kids who play hoops ? Just asking. 

Well his son should be around 16 right now.

pagesix.com/2014/02/28/kids-traumatized-...-a-dad-at-sons-game/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLYFOXX1968

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 8 hours ago #412702

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 525

austour wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: The best PG we have had in the last 20 years was Erick Barckley . No doubt there . Erick have any kids who play hoops ? Just asking. 

Well his son should be around 16 right now.

pagesix.com/2014/02/28/kids-traumatized-...-a-dad-at-sons-game/

Given our track record for getting legacy kids, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 7 hours ago #412708

• fordham96
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2120

Since we are in 2021 and Erick left after his sophomore year 1999-2000 I don't think he qualifies anymore for "last 20 years..."

The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 6 hours ago #412713

• Boo Harvey

fordham96 wrote:

Since we are in 2021 and Erick left after his sophomore year 1999-2000 I don't think he qualifies anymore for "last 20 years..."

I'll go with Marcus Hatten followed by Dwight Hardy followed by ShowtimeHill.  If Hill didn't mess up his knee the Norm Roberts era may have gone very differently.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 6 hours ago #412714

• Boo Harvey
And if we are just going on college performance -- not potential -- I'd put Omar Cook fourth.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 5 hours ago #412719

• SLYFOXX1968
All the choices of Hatten, Cook , etc are personal and worthy . Some more than others . Splitting hairs , I liked Marcus Hatten a lot but , would think  of him more as a combo Guard than pure PG . Cook played 1 year but , what might have been had he stayed longer ?
 I would even consider Barckly as the best PG since Mark Jackson , goes back a ways .

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 day 5 hours ago #412720

• Boo Harvey

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: All the choices of Hatten, Cook , etc are personal and worthy . Some more than others . Splitting hairs , I liked Marcus Hatten a lot but , would think  of him more as a combo Guard than pure PG . Cook played 1 year but , what might have been had he stayed longer ?
 I would even consider Barckly as the best PG since Mark Jackson , goes back a ways .

Totally agree.  Hatten and Hardy were not pure point guards.  Hill was also a scorer first ,although other than Hamilton, there weren't a lot of options.  

But each of these guys had the ball in their hands most of the time and effectively played the point.  I totally forgot about Ponds who of course belongs on the list.

If I were to make a list of our best point guards over the past 20 years based on performance/value  as opposed to pure point guard skills/potential, my list would be as follows:

1. Marcus Hatten
2. Shamorie Ponds
3. Dwight Hardy
4. Darryl Hill
5. Omar Cook
6. Rysheed Jordan

I'd love to have any one of those guys in my top five on the team today.  Heck, I'd love to have a healthy and engaged Marcus Lovett.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 9 hours 51 minutes ago #412777

• Roamer
  • Thank you received: 53

AND so far the best coach we had in past 20 years was Jarvis. 

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 9 hours 24 minutes ago #412778

• SLYFOXX1968

fordham96 wrote:

Sorry , how about last 25 years ?  Or , 21 ? 

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight