Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #395980

  • QueensBall
  • QueensBall's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 420
  • Thank you received: 663

Chicago Days wrote: Daylen Berry may be possible, unless he blows up as well. I think AUB was rumored to have interest in Berry. How much interest would be the key.


I'd offer Harris and heavily imply to both him and Berry that whoever commits first gets the spot. Keep that last spot open in case something breaks our way with Kepnang, Applewhite or if Cuffe Jr ends up re-classing. If things really go our way and we land more than one of those tougher gets then somebody has to talk to somebody about making room which is how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #395983

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 27630
  • Thank you received: 20795

QueensBall wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Daylen Berry may be possible, unless he blows up as well. I think AUB was rumored to have interest in Berry. How much interest would be the key.


I'd offer Harris and heavily imply to both him and Berry that whoever commits first gets the spot. Keep that last spot open in case something breaks our way with Kepnang, Applewhite or if Cuffe Jr ends up re-classing. If things really go our way and we land more than one of those tougher gets then somebody has to talk to somebody about making room which is how it goes.

Staff is not interested in Harris. There is interest in Berry apparently, although he will need to add strength.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, Chicago Days, QueensBall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #395985

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6943
  • Thank you received: 3455

Paultzman wrote: Staff is not interested in Harris. There is interest in Berry apparently, although he will need to add strength.


We really need a SF. Berry looked 6'5" to me so it could work, but he really is paper thin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, TheArtest15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #395995

  • RedStorm80
  • RedStorm80's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 893
  • Thank you received: 63

Paultzman wrote:

QueensBall wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Daylen Berry may be possible, unless he blows up as well. I think AUB was rumored to have interest in Berry. How much interest would be the key.


I'd offer Harris and heavily imply to both him and Berry that whoever commits first gets the spot. Keep that last spot open in case something breaks our way with Kepnang, Applewhite or if Cuffe Jr ends up re-classing. If things really go our way and we land more than one of those tougher gets then somebody has to talk to somebody about making room which is how it goes.

Staff is not interested in Harris. There is interest in Berry apparently, although he will need to add strength.


They've been in contact with Harris a couple of times the last few weeks & TJ/DeMeo are following his twitter so at the very least it appears they are keeping tabs even if he might not be a priority at this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396001

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 11116
  • Thank you received: 4456

RedStorm80 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

QueensBall wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Daylen Berry may be possible, unless he blows up as well. I think AUB was rumored to have interest in Berry. How much interest would be the key.


I'd offer Harris and heavily imply to both him and Berry that whoever commits first gets the spot. Keep that last spot open in case something breaks our way with Kepnang, Applewhite or if Cuffe Jr ends up re-classing. If things really go our way and we land more than one of those tougher gets then somebody has to talk to somebody about making room which is how it goes.

Staff is not interested in Harris. There is interest in Berry apparently, although he will need to add strength.


They've been in contact with Harris a couple of times the last few weeks & TJ/DeMeo are following his twitter so at the very least it appears they are keeping tabs even if he might not be a priority at this time


I'm the first one to look at the follows as well. But Demeo and TJ are two that seem to have MANY players that they follow that have nothing to do with SJU either. From what I've gathered from some others closer to it they kicked the tires again recently but like you said not a priority so I think its fair to say we can move on. Harris will get more good looks being back in the NYC area with PSA. I wish I was wrong here also
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396002

  • PharmDJohnnie11
  • PharmDJohnnie11's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 283
  • Thank you received: 327

QueensBall wrote: Disappointing to hear that we may be falling behind here. PharmaD- why so negative all the time? Let me see if I got this right:

2019-20: Anderson is hired a couple of months before the season begins but he's able to add Dunn, Champagnie and Rutherford on short notice. Which of those guys do you wish we didn't have last season? On top of that we're pretty much unanimously thrilled with how he developed and got production from the sophomores, right?

2020-21: He gets one of the best PG's in the area, 2 Juco All Americans, A big grad transfer (wasn't everyone going crazy the last couple of seasons because Mullin and Matt A couldn't land that exact type of player?) and he takes a flyer on Wusu because he thinks he sees something. What is the issue with that class?

2021-22: The class is literally a work in progress. Of course we're upset because we missed on some of our bigger targets and we don't see any leans our way. But the guy has 3 spots to fill and he just picked up a really promising player who people don't appreciate because some recruiting site's matrix didn't give him 4 stars.

According to ESPN Drissa is the #6 player in NY and he's 1 rating point shy of being a 4-star recruit. He has a 79 rating and 4-star players are rated 80 or higher. So if Drissa was rated a fraction higher by a small group of talent evaluators (who none of us could probably name aside from Paul Biancardi) then we'd feel better because we could say, "All right well at least Coach started this class with a 4-star big." We're not trying to win a star collecting contest here.


See the recruiting of every other Big East school.... that’s why I’m negative. They’re landing highly regarded prospects on the regular, even DePaul, and we’re striking out left and right.

Drissa wasn’t really being recruited by many big schools. He may turn out ok but that says a lot to me that our competition for him was like Bryant and Stony Brook.

It’s the same pattern with every coach here it seems. Everyone on here loves them and they can do no wrong the first year or 2 then they don’t recruit well or coach poorly and everyone wants them fired, rinse repeat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boo Harvey, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396004

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 11116
  • Thank you received: 4456

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: It’s the same pattern with every coach here it seems. Everyone on here loves them and they can do no wrong the first year or 2 then they don’t recruit well or coach poorly and everyone wants them fired, rinse repeat.


This is very much true. So are you bucking the trend and getting ahead of the rest?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396005

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6943
  • Thank you received: 3455

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: It’s the same pattern with every coach here it seems. Everyone on here loves them and they can do no wrong the first year or 2 then they don’t recruit well or coach poorly and everyone wants them fired, rinse repeat.


Last three guys weren't good at all with the X's and O's. The wheels were going to completely fall off if they didn't recruit. We have a real coach now. It's astounding the people are complaining before this season is even played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, OhioFan, lawmanfan, Room112, REB, RedStormRising, panther2, TX Redman, Eric, JohnnyFan and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396007

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1703
  • Thank you received: 456

QueensBall wrote: Disappointing to hear that we may be falling behind here. PharmaD- why so negative all the time? Let me see if I got this right:

2019-20: Anderson is hired a couple of months before the season begins but he's able to add Dunn, Champagnie and Rutherford on short notice. Which of those guys do you wish we didn't have last season? On top of that we're pretty much unanimously thrilled with how he developed and got production from the sophomores, right?

2020-21: He gets one of the best PG's in the area, 2 Juco All Americans, A big grad transfer (wasn't everyone going crazy the last couple of seasons because Mullin and Matt A couldn't land that exact type of player?) and he takes a flyer on Wusu because he thinks he sees something. What is the issue with that class?

2021-22: The class is literally a work in progress. Of course we're upset because we missed on some of our bigger targets and we don't see any leans our way. But the guy has 3 spots to fill and he just picked up a really promising player who people don't appreciate because some recruiting site's matrix didn't give him 4 stars.

According to ESPN Drissa is the #6 player in NY and he's 1 rating point shy of being a 4-star recruit. He has a 79 rating and 4-star players are rated 80 or higher. So if Drissa was rated a fraction higher by a small group of talent evaluators (who none of us could probably name aside from Paul Biancardi) then we'd feel better because we could say, "All right well at least Coach started this class with a 4-star big." We're not trying to win a star collecting contest here.


False narrative. Look who our competition was — don’t say Illinois bc, by all accounts, that wasn’t for real. That tells me all I need to know.

Hope he turns out to be another diamond in the rough but that’s not a winning formula.

I also can’t help but laugh when people tout Posh as if he’s going to be some savior out of the gate. Anything is possible, but seems highly unlikely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PharmDJohnnie11, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 3 months 1 week ago #396008

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1703
  • Thank you received: 456

Chicago Days wrote: Daylen Berry may be possible, unless he blows up as well. I think AUB was rumored to have interest in Berry. How much interest would be the key.


And by “blowing up,” you mean one or more high majors being involved, right? Bc if that’s the case, I don’t like our odds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PharmDJohnnie11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight