Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 week ago #433764

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 652
I am so tired of the whining about 3*, 4* or 5* or lack thereof recruiting complaints. We are in a much better situation than the most of the last 20 years, so please... 
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, Tonyinfairfield , section10, jackfro, panther2, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, Fred Solomon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 week ago #433769

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 474
I not big on the * ratings but if I have the chance to  get. 4 or 5 I would take it everyday over a 2-3 .not saying the latter can not Improve to that level but I rather start with A 4-5  on the the box just my opinion which does mean much

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 week ago #433771

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4381

usguard post=433769 wrote: I not big on the * ratings but if I have the chance to  get. 4 or 5 I would take it everyday over a 2-3 .not saying the latter can not Improve to that level but I rather start with A 4-5  on the the box just my opinion which does mean much

Not that we are a school that routinely gets 5-star kids, but they are gone before they've really accomplished anything. If we can get to everyone being a 3.5/4, and land a local 5-star kid when it looks like that type kid really puts us over the top for a year before he splits, I'm happy.

We have to be realistic, though. When the Wades of the world are still allowed to be employed, it's tough for a non-football school like St. John's to make a dent. We need to fish in our realistic pond and coach them up.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 week ago #433772

• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3700

L J S A post=433771 wrote:

usguard post=433769 wrote: I not big on the * ratings but if I have the chance to  get. 4 or 5 I would take it everyday over a 2-3 .not saying the latter can not Improve to that level but I rather start with A 4-5  on the the box just my opinion which does mean much

Not that we are a school that routinely gets 5-star kids, but they are gone before they've really accomplished anything. If we can get to everyone being a 3.5/4, and land a local 5-star kid when it looks like that type kid really puts us over the top for a year before he splits, I'm happy.

We have to be realistic, though. When the Wades of the world are still allowed to be employed, it's tough for a non-football school like St. John's to make a dent. We need to fish in our realistic pond and coach them up.

"I am looking for the best players,  I am looking for the right players."

-Coach Herb Brooks
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 week ago #433773

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 852

OhioFan post=433764 wrote: I am so tired of the whining about 3*, 4* or 5* or lack thereof recruiting complaints. We are in a much better situation than the most of the last 20 years, so please... 

With all due respect, that’s not saying much.  I’m cautiously optimistic.  Need Champagnie to come back and a solid guard piece to be set up for a nice year.  Regardless, year three for the current regime  is critical.  

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 day ago #434258

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 25629
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, L J S A

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 month 1 day ago #434262

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 1344
The way to compete and beat 4* and 5* freshman is with 3 star upperclassmen that grew together as a team. This ridiculous transfer rule created a free for all that is not doing this program any good. CMA has to incorporate 6 new players, and perhaps 7, into a system brand new to all of them. It seems to be no coincidence that CMA's teams start slow and get better as the season progresses. It takes time to play CMA's system well. It would be nice to have a core of 6 or 7 players returning each season. That now seems unlikely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, RedStormRising, shamsman2

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 2 weeks 4 days ago #434677

• Paultzman

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 1 week 5 days ago #434892

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , L J S A

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Mike Anderson - Recruiting, Coaching, Etc. 6 days 11 hours ago #435033

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Coaster, bamafan, L J S A, BrooklynRed

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight