TOPIC:

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 4 days ago #394891

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 19698
2021 big man Trey James has committed to Iona, pee Rothstein - 3 Star Big

Earlier Zags piece
Trey James, the 6-foot-10, 240-pound big man from Sheldon Clark (KY) High School, hopes to narrow his college list in the coming weeks.

James, who averaged 14.6 points per game and 11.1 rebounds per game last season, decommitted from Wake Forest in April after coach Danny Manning was fired. He is ranked the No. 4 center in the Class of 2021 and the No. 26 center nationally, per 247Sports.com.

Iona: “Coach [Rick] Pitino and Coach [Tommy] Abatemarco stay in contact with me daily. They like how hard I play and they believe they can help develop my game. They want to win a National Championship and they believe I can help them lift Iona to new heights.”
Per Zagoria

Iona best out Iowa, Elon, Marquette, Eastern Ky, Appalachian State..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 4 days ago #394893

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3146
Paultzman:

2021 big man Trey James has committed to Iona, pee Rothstein

Trey James, the 6-foot-10, 240-pound big man from Sheldon Clark (KY) High School, hopes to narrow his college list in the coming weeks.

James, who averaged 14.6 points per game and 11.1 rebounds per game last season, decommitted from Wake Forest in April after coach Danny Manning was fired. He is ranked the No. 4 center in the Class of 2021 and the No. 26 center nationally, per 247Sports.com.

Iona: “Coach [Rick] Pitino and Coach [Tommy] Abatemarco stay in contact with me daily. They like how hard I play and they believe they can help develop my game. They want to win a National Championship and they believe I can help them lift Iona to new heights.”
Per Zagoria

Iona best out Iowa, Elon, Marquette, Eastern Ky, Appalachian State.

Unbelievable.

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 4 days ago #394894

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4858

Chicago Days wrote: Paultzman:

2021 big man Trey James has committed to Iona, pee Rothstein

Per Zagoria

Iona best out Iowa, Elon, Marquette, Eastern Ky, Appalachian State.

Unbelievable.

didnt people say he couldn't recruit at Iona ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394895

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1167
Pitino?
Not surprising
When a person has both talent
AND
a chip on his shoulder
Success will appear -
I see a (more wholesome parallel) with Mike Anderson = talent, proven record, wants to “ show “ Arkansas he can still coach, win and do it in NYC!

It will be interesting to see how St. John’s, Iona and UConn unfold the next few years - just hope we get the testing and vaccines that will shift us back
more toward “ normal “.
All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394896

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 327
We all new he was going to recruit great
He got a big pretty quick so
It
can be done, hope we get ours soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, L J S A, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394901

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Thank you received: 218
Funny, if we signed him, it would be oh great a mid major 3" ....we beat Elin and EKU, staff reaching. But Pitno signs him and its spun different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, lawmanfan, redmannorth, Room112, Section9, panther2, BrooklynRed

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394902

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1571

Patrick C ripdumaine wrote: Funny, if we signed him, it would be oh great a mid major 3" ....we beat Elin and EKU, staff reaching. But Pitno signs him and its spun different.

I don't think anyone here would shrug off a recruit ranked in Top 200 overall and Top 25cat position, especially a center originally signed with an ACC school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Beast of the East, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, Mike Zaun

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394907

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 2165

Patrick C ripdumaine wrote: Funny, if we signed him, it would be oh great a mid major 3" ....we beat Elin and EKU, staff reaching. But Pitno signs him and its spun different.

Pitino also beat out Iowa and Marquette for this kid
I can't stand the guy but I give him his due
He's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that that he can recruit and coach

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394912

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1367
Welp...the "relax Pitino will suck at Iona" crowd should get a bit more quiet today. This is the exact type of player we never get. Like in decades. Pitino goes to a mid major school and gets one immediately lol. Maybe it's because of Iona's amazing academics. Or the amazing campus. Wasn't the kid supposed to be offended that Rick hired strippers once? Guess not.

Pitino Recruiting 1 week 3 days ago #394918

• ghostzapper
  • Thank you received: 430
RedStormNC Wrote:
I don't think anyone here would shrug off a recruit ranked in Top 200 overall and Top 25cat position, especially a center originally signed with an ACC school.

Yes a Center that originally signed with an ACC school.
Oh yeah, we just had one of those. Maybe this signing will work out as well for Iona as the Ian Steere signing worked out for us.:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: salty dog, RedStormNC

Last edit: by ghostzapper.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight