Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC:

Recruiting Sites 1 week 4 days ago #394854

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2587
  • Thank you received: 1367

austour wrote: Another thing that pisses me off about 247/Scout is that when you pull up team rankings and want to sort by conference they have the Power 5 in alpha order, then AAC, CUSA, MAC and Mountain West, and then the balance of the conferences in alpha order. That puts the BE the non Power mid majors. A slap in the face, even though I understand that it's driven by their CFB recruiting site structure.


This is why I always make it a point to use the term "football 5 or F5". If anyone is questioning whether we are a true power conference still especially after adding UConn back, they will be laughed at. I know UConn will beat us for plenty of local kids, but that's nothing new. We need to hold our own and we will get our share. The tri-state is still oozing with basketball talent and there's plenty to go around and share. CMA just needs to prove this system can win consistently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 4 days ago #394855

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2545
  • Thank you received: 1571
Anderson has already proven his system can win consistently. I don't see that as an ssue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 4 days ago #394856

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2587
  • Thank you received: 1367

RedStormNC wrote: Anderson has already proven his system can win consistently. I don't see that as an ssue.


True...but SJ is a very unique job. Things often don't translate from success at other places.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394866

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9738
  • Thank you received: 2800

Mike Zaun wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Anderson has already proven his system can win consistently. I don't see that as an ssue.


True...but SJ is a very unique job. Things often don't translate from success at other places.


Maybe so re: St. John's being a unique job. But that still doesn't change Anderson winning consistently at his previous stops.

Meaning, you can't say he has to prove his system can win consistently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394871

  • Coaster
  • Coaster's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 548
  • Thank you received: 113
Paultzman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394888

  • kred
  • kred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 548
  • Thank you received: 76

MarkRedman wrote: Going old school, I used to subscribe to the Prep Stars Handbook
It was a magazine that was published several times each year
Had recruiting information about every school in every major conference
It was a great source of information back in the day
They were pre-internet - they couldn't function in the same format today
They would be publishing yesterday's news today


Yes couldn't wait for the next issue to arrive even though it's was all yesterday's news even back then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394911

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2587
  • Thank you received: 1367

MJDinkins wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Anderson has already proven his system can win consistently. I don't see that as an ssue.


True...but SJ is a very unique job. Things often don't translate from success at other places.


Maybe so re: St. John's being a unique job. But that still doesn't change Anderson winning consistently at his previous stops.

Meaning, you can't say he has to prove his system can win consistently.


He has won everywhere he has been. Not wildly at Ark but they were good. So why aren't recruits coming if it's so certain here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394914

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 2545
  • Thank you received: 1571
I hope Macon & Demeo can pick up traction with NY roots & local connections, or be able to initially sell NYC, MSG to out of state prospects before Anderson or Cleveland get pulled in to help close. May be harder for those two to get initial interest not being able to sell the city with credibility.

I think they'll be successful but it's going to be a grind for them getting right players that Anderson sees are coach able and also want to come to Queens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394915

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12267
  • Thank you received: 4856

RedStormNC wrote: I hope Macon & Demeo can pick up traction with NY roots & local connections or be able to initially sell NYC, MSG to out of state prospects before Anderson or Cleveland get pulled in. May be harder for those two to get initial interest not being able to sell the city with credibility.

I think they'll be successful but it's going to be a grind for them getting right players that Anderson sees are coach able and also want to come to Queens.

Pornhub is valuable recruiting info
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting Sites 1 week 3 days ago #394917

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9738
  • Thank you received: 2800

Mike Zaun wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: Anderson has already proven his system can win consistently. I don't see that as an ssue.


True...but SJ is a very unique job. Things often don't translate from success at other places.


Maybe so re: St. John's being a unique job. But that still doesn't change Anderson winning consistently at his previous stops.

Meaning, you can't say he has to prove his system can win consistently.


He has won everywhere he has been. Not wildly at Ark but they were good. So why aren't recruits coming if it's so certain here?


Stop moving the goalposts to fit your narrative. Who said anything about Anderson "wildly" winning? He's been consistent. Period.

Who said anything about it being "certain" he'll win here? No one. Again, he's been consistent.

Perhaps, you allow it to play out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight