Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Happy Father’s Day 1 week 1 day ago #390833

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4684
Austour wrote:

I launched my golf season at Wild Dunes a few times when I lived on the east coast. Very pretty spot and close enough to Charleston, one of the few, if not only, cities in the south I might consider living in if it weren't for the humidity. Good culture, great food and golf. Been back to Kiawah for work a couple times since.

Agree Austour. Love Charleston. We live in Lake Norman about 35 minutes north of Charlotte and while I love living here wouldn't want to live in Charlotte. If you ever get back to Isle of Palms (Wild Dunes) one of my favorite restaurants is the Long Island Cafe on IOP just over the bridge. It is in a strip mall and despite its name has the greatest combination of New England/Low Country seafood cuisine. When we are in IOP for 4 days we eat here at least twice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Father’s Day 1 week 1 day ago #390838

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1035

NCJohnnie wrote: Austour wrote:

I launched my golf season at Wild Dunes a few times when I lived on the east coast. Very pretty spot and close enough to Charleston, one of the few, if not only, cities in the south I might consider living in if it weren't for the humidity. Good culture, great food and golf. Been back to Kiawah for work a couple times since.

Agree Austour. Love Charleston. We live in Lake Norman about 35 minutes north of Charlotte and while I love living here wouldn't want to live in Charlotte. If you ever get back to Isle of Palms (Wild Dunes) one of my favorite restaurants is the Long Island Cafe on IOP just over the bridge. It is in a strip mall and despite its name has the greatest combination of New England/Low Country seafood cuisine. When we are in IOP for 4 days we eat here at least twice.

1. I never had a New England/Low Country cuisine mash up when I grew up on Long Island. Hmmmmmm. But seriously if I get back there I'll look it up, after Husk and Rodney Scotts.

2. My niece has a house on the lake (norman that is) and my sister in law just moved down there to be closer as well. Doubt we'd ever visit them there but if we do I'll ask you for some more food recommendations. Haven't been to Charlotte since I think the late 80's besides changing planes at the airport. LOL

Happy Father’s Day 1 week 1 day ago #390849

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4684
Austour wrote: . I never had a New England/Low Country cuisine mash up when I grew up on Long Island. Hmmmmmm. But seriously if I get back there I'll look it up, after Husk and Rodney Scotts.

2. My niece has a house on the lake (norman that is) and my sister in law just moved down there to be closer as well. Doubt we'd ever visit them there but if we do I'll ask you for some more food recommendations. Haven't been to Charlotte since I think the late 80's besides changing planes at the airport. LOL

Never mind ..

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.
  • Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight