St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 5 days 3 hours ago #387729

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6503
  • Thank you received: 2147

Moose wrote:

bamafan wrote: Surprisingly Moose seems to be sitting this one out. ;)


Ask and you shall receive. ;)

Was referring to your forte or should i say pet peeve of posters drawing conclusions about player's heights from photographs and especially since in this case they are sitting down. :lol: ;) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 22 hours ago #387748

  • Johnny4Life
  • Johnny4Life's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 89
  • Thank you received: 31
I see a lot of posters making comments alluding to that McGriff may not get many minutes. I think those people are going to be surprised because I think Iron Mike will be able to run more press defense this year with a longer bench. That alone should get McGriff a decent amount of minutes this year as it will come with certain PG's getting into foul trouble on occasion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 20 hours ago #387752

  • JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 3903
  • Thank you received: 2648
When we do two pages on John McGriff's dunking ability, you know it's the offseason. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Coaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 12 hours ago #387758

  • SJUFAN2
  • SJUFAN2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 885
  • Thank you received: 793

Johnny4Life wrote: I see a lot of posters making comments alluding to that McGriff may not get many minutes. I think those people are going to be surprised because I think Iron Mike will be able to run more press defense this year with a longer bench. That alone should get McGriff a decent amount of minutes this year as it will come with certain PG's getting into foul trouble on occasion.


I agree about the longer bench. I have no problems envisioning CMA using most or all of the bench on a nightly basis. Obviously it's a guess, but I don't think it would be out of the question to see minutes breakdown along these lines:
Figgy - 22min
Champagnie - 22min
Earlington - 22min
Williams - 20min
Cole - 17.5min
Dunn - 17.5min
Posh - 17.5min
Torro - 15min
Moore 12.5min
Roberts 12.5 min
McGriff - 10min
Wusu - 7.5min
Caraher - 4min

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 10 hours ago #387761

  • Fred Solomon
  • Fred Solomon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 103
  • Thank you received: 58
McGriff is so quick he can create his own shot off the dribble or pass and we haven’t had much of that kind of ability here.Excited to see him compete!
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 10 hours ago #387762

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 4965
  • Thank you received: 310
You know I even think mcgriff 3 pt shooting is not that bad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 9 hours ago #387765

  • Duke of Earlington
  • Duke of Earlington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 638
  • Thank you received: 218

Fred Solomon wrote: McGriff is so quick he can create his own shot off the dribble or pass and we haven’t had much of that kind of ability here.Excited to see him compete!


Agreed. Very excited for McGriff. I think he will backup posh at the pg position and play a decent amount of minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Solomon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John McGriff Recent Workout Courtesy of Moose 4 days 50 minutes ago #387803

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3780
  • Thank you received: 1233

SJUFAN2 wrote:

Johnny4Life wrote: I see a lot of posters making comments alluding to that McGriff may not get many minutes. I think those people are going to be surprised because I think Iron Mike will be able to run more press defense this year with a longer bench. That alone should get McGriff a decent amount of minutes this year as it will come with certain PG's getting into foul trouble on occasion.


I agree about the longer bench. I have no problems envisioning CMA using most or all of the bench on a nightly basis. Obviously it's a guess, but I don't think it would be out of the question to see minutes breakdown along these lines:
Figgy - 22min
Champagnie - 22min
Earlington - 22min
Williams - 20min
Cole - 17.5min
Dunn - 17.5min
Posh - 17.5min
Torro - 15min
Moore 12.5min
Roberts 12.5 min
McGriff - 10min
Wusu - 7.5min
Caraher - 4min


I love the fact MA uses a deep bench (and I know these predictions are impossible) but IMO your best player needs to play more than 22 minutes a game. I think as the first part of season goes on top 7-8 will emerge and 9&10 will get 8-12 minutes which is more than almost everybody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware, richard A Steinfeld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight