St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Odd men out

Odd men out 1 week 2 days ago #387510

• Section3
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 585

Paultzman wrote: Prime minutes for this guy, especially to bolster perimeter shooting.

Nice, quick release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Odd men out 1 week 2 days ago #387516

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 540

Duke of Earlington wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: I think Coach Anderson likes Caraher a lot more than some fans on this site . He played him a lot , in key situations , down the stretch of the season . Yes , he’s a role player but , I think Coach likes the way he gets the ball moving around the Perimeter and guys get in motion . Caraher passes the ball well too. He’s a heady , smart type player that many Coaches find valuable to use in games .

I think it is tough to tell who he played cause he liked them or who he played out of necessity. Mike didnt have a lot to work with last year and some of his decisions were made out of pure necessity. That will not happen this year. He is going to only play the kids he believes can get it done.

. You might be right . But , then again if Anderson didn’t think Caraher wasn’t going to be some kind of contributor next season , he would have had the end of Season transfer chat like he had with Steere’s and Sears . And , Caraher ‘s scholarship could have been used for another addition . It wasn’t and Anderson must have seen enough of Caraher to want him back . And , not just as a end of bench practice player . So, I guess we see Caraher ‘s role a bit differently . He does the subtle parts of the game , that sometimes only a Coach sees and fans miss .. just saying .
The following user(s) said Thank You: REB

Odd men out 1 week 1 day ago #387544

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 586

redmannorth wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote: I see 4 guys once the rotation settles who will be on the outside looking in to some respect.
- Wusu
-Who ever loses posh/McGriff battle
-who ever loses Moore/Roberts battle
-caraher

Everyone else will see significant if not major minutes. Even those other 4 will get ample opportunity to prove their worth.

3 not 4.
McGriff as there are 2 players far ahead of him.
Wusu as there are 2 players far ahead of him.
Caraher as LJ and Cole are far ahead of him.
Roberts will play as he and Toro are the only post players.
Duke and Moore will play the 4.
Of course if there is an injury or two things will change.
Perhaps no stars but a very deep and solid team if there will be a season. Let’s pray for better times.

Agree with everything you said on here except about Moore, I think majority of his minutes will come at the 5 spot, as Amaseinyourface mentioned that's where he primarily played at in JUCO.

I think rotation at start of the year will look similar to this...

1. Dunn / Posh / McGriff
2. Williams / Cole / Wusu
3. LJ / Caraher
4. Champaigne / Earlington
5. Toro / Roberts / Moore

Before conference play I think that Cole will be starting at the 2 spot and Moore would have established himself as the back-up or starting 5 by then. Also wouldn't surprise me if Wusu possibly beat out Caraher for back-up minutes at the 3 spot. McGriff/Posh back-up PG battle will also be interesting. Still give McGriff a strong edge in that battle though.

Last edit: by Making Plays.

Odd men out 1 week 1 day ago #387552

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3631

Making Plays wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote: I see 4 guys once the rotation settles who will be on the outside looking in to some respect.
- Wusu
-Who ever loses posh/McGriff battle
-who ever loses Moore/Roberts battle
-caraher

Everyone else will see significant if not major minutes. Even those other 4 will get ample opportunity to prove their worth.

3 not 4.
McGriff as there are 2 players far ahead of him.
Wusu as there are 2 players far ahead of him.
Caraher as LJ and Cole are far ahead of him.
Roberts will play as he and Toro are the only post players.
Duke and Moore will play the 4.
Of course if there is an injury or two things will change.
Perhaps no stars but a very deep and solid team if there will be a season. Let’s pray for better times.

Agree with everything you said on here except about Moore, I think majority of his minutes will come at the 5 spot, as Amaseinyourface mentioned that's where he primarily played at in JUCO.

I think rotation at start of the year will look similar to this...

1. Dunn / Posh / McGriff
2. Williams / Cole / Wusu
3. LJ / Caraher
4. Champaigne / Earlington
5. Toro / Roberts / Moore

Before conference play I think that Cole will be starting at the 2 spot and Moore would have established himself as the back-up or starting 5 by then. Also wouldn't surprise me if Wusu possibly beat out Caraher for back-up minutes at the 3 spot. McGriff/Posh back-up PG battle will also be interesting. Still give McGriff a strong edge in that battle though.

So just to recap. The NYC PG darling of the class won’t beat out McGriff?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Odd men out 1 week 1 day ago #387559

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
If Wusu has honed his outside shooting then he gets more minutes than Caraher since his shooting from deep was not that good

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight