St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 3 weeks 2 days ago #386441

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2775
Wusu, the gem of the Class? Maybe. Interesting, unsung, kid with a good frame and a good shot. Doesn't happen often but is also hardly rare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 3 weeks 2 days ago #386443

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2697
Whether Clark Francis is still "on top of his (recruiting) game," I'm not sure. But at one point he was rather respected in recruiting circles. I'm also not sure if he still has a good core of recruitniks working along with him.

Regardless, it's still a good sign (even from an optics view) to see our recruiting class ranked in the top 20 by a respected recruiting publisher.

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 3 weeks 2 days ago #386444

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3631
Clark in the Dark Francis is still around??????

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 3 weeks 1 hour ago #386564

• austour
  • Thank you received: 990
He is and he also still has all his historical top 100s up which is a great resource, in the absence of any others, for getting recruit rankings pre RSCI. Goes all the way back to 1983 when STJ had 2 top 52 recruits in Willie and MJ.

www.hoopscooponline.com/members/nationalplayerrankings.asp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 3 weeks 44 minutes ago #386568

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4493
Amaseinyourface wrote: I would not he shocked if I’m 4 years we look back and say Wusu was the gem of CMAs first real class.

That would make this a very special class as I have no doubt Posh & Cole will be excellent players for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 2 weeks 6 days ago #386573

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3631

austour wrote: He is and he also still has all his historical top 100s up which is a great resource, in the absence of any others, for getting recruit rankings pre RSCI. Goes all the way back to 1983 when STJ had 2 top 52 recruits in Willie and MJ.

www.hoopscooponline.com/members/nationalplayerrankings.asp

He should hire a digital marketing guru to get his name out there more. Can't remember the last time I saw his name. Used to love his magazines when I was in high school

Newcomer Scouting Reports: What Can We Expect? 2 weeks 4 hours ago #387024

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 937
CMA and staff brought in 5 recruits, while still working on a 6th.. We will have 2 true freshman, 2 from J.C., and 1 (at the moment) grad transfer. The returning players, without L.J. , accounted for 126 mpg. With L.J., it's 156. With CMA's style, nearly everyone will get a chance, depending on what they offer. Since Youtube is no way to scout a player, can everyone that has seen some full games offer an assessment of each? In particular, I'm interested in Posh and Wusu. High School stats are hard to find, making them more of a mystery. I read somewhere that Posh was at 29% from 3 late in the season. I couldn't find a 3 point % from Wusu.

Looking at last season's numbers, everyone will be giving up some minutes, which is a good thing for the 40 minutes of hell approach. I'm sure many of us would appreciate a scouting report on the new players, with some thoughts on who gets a big role, and who may have to wait their turn until the 21-22 season.

Newcomer Scouting Reports: What Can We Expect? 2 weeks 4 hours ago #387027

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 218
My take:
Posh - will be the starting pg right away. He will be effective driving to the hoop and dishing the ball off the penny, earlington etc. Posh will score some as well but his 3 point shot will not be a strong point out of the gate..

Wusu - will play sparingly as a freshman. With guys like, cole, GW and Dunn in front off him, his freshman year will be more of a learning experience. My hope is he will be big time his junior and senior year here.

Moore - I think moore takes roberts minutes as he brings more on the offensive side of the ball. He has great size and length. Will have to get stronger, but I see him playing some big minutes for us and maybe even starting as our big man.

Cole - starting 2 guard right out of the gate. lights out shooter. Will be fun to watch a st johns player who can consistently knock down the 3 ball. A true shooting guard.

Toro - a glue guy, team leader who will bring defensive toughness off the bench. I see him getting about 16 minutes a game. Will play bigger then his size, play tough defense and rebound the heck out of the ball.

Basketball Times / May 2020 / Recruiting Rankings 2 weeks 3 hours ago #387037

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2147
Hey Duke, you forgot to call Moore a monster. ;) :)

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight