Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 6 days 5 hours ago #391142

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19087

Pete Thamel
Pandemic financial reverberations. UA was flailing financially before COVID. This is concerning for many reasons, including UCLA’s current financial mess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 6 days 5 hours ago #391145

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 2248

Paultzman wrote: Pandemic financial reverberations. UA was flailing financially before COVID. This is concerning for many reasons, including UCLA’s current financial mess.

Even under good circumstances it was a crappy deal. If you are going to create a record setting deal way better options than UCLA. But I suspect it was a swipe at Nike/Oregon.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Monte, Paultzman, panther2

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 6 days 4 hours ago #391148

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3847
If anyone can write a book on poor management it would be Under Armour. Amazing how a company with so much potential was derailed
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, Paultzman, Spocky Ramone

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 4 days 21 hours ago #391249

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 1816
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 4 days 10 hours ago #391261

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1100

Ray Morgan wrote: In Florida, the only score that matters is the number of new Covid 19 cases a day. Another 1 day record. Texas and Arizona also fighting for the championship of stupidity. You can't find 3 hotter states, so if this virus survives the scorching heat, it's going to thrive in the fall and winter. Trying to plan a sports season for next week is difficult. Forget about months from now.

This is why I think College sports isn't happening this year. Too much risk for colleges from lawsuits from student athletes, and it just takes one or two members of a conference to decide its not worth it and the season is over.

Pro sports might be able to pull it off, especially football since its one game a week, but its not going to be easy.

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 4 days 6 hours ago #391293

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1673

SJUFAN2 wrote:

Ray Morgan wrote: In Florida, the only score that matters is the number of new Covid 19 cases a day. Another 1 day record. Texas and Arizona also fighting for the championship of stupidity. You can't find 3 hotter states, so if this virus survives the scorching heat, it's going to thrive in the fall and winter. Trying to plan a sports season for next week is difficult. Forget about months from now.

This is why I think College sports isn't happening this year. Too much risk for colleges from lawsuits from student athletes, and it just takes one or two members of a conference to decide its not worth it and the season is over.

Pro sports might be able to pull it off, especially football since its one game a week, but its not going to be easy.

I thought that part of one of the stimulus plans to come would indemnify businesses from such lawsuits.

Bursting the Bubble: Why Sports Aren't Coming Back Soon 4 days 4 hours ago #391318

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1100

Knight wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

I thought that part of one of the stimulus plans to come would indemnify businesses from such lawsuits.

I think that only applies to employees.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight