Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384433

• James Ray Lamb
  • Thank you received: 143
I don't expect Josh Roberts to be 100% until mid-way through the season. Rehab after shoulder surgery is tough.

Overall I'm already excited by next seasons team. There's a lot more talent and experience.

I hope the team will be able to practice this summer. It's going to be tough getting these kids back into game shape for Anderson's style of ball.

This long lay off will be a problem for all the athletes in Fall sports.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by James Ray Lamb.

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384436

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 339
Like your opinion

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384470

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 469
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, panther2

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384472

• Billy Don Ferrell
  • Thank you received: 59
This may be CMA’s deepest team ever, and that could go a long way, I’ve seen projections of Johnnies being picked 4th-8th because the BE is going to more top heavy next year with the big 3 teams but any bodies spot after that, now considering the lineup- for Mike- he always said it didn’t matter who starts but it matters who finishes the game, I’ve seen more Anderson games where players play way better coming off the Bench because it can spark a team if the starting 5 starts out slow.
3 lineups I could really see next season,

Most likely-
Dunn
Cole
LJ
Champagnie
Earlington

Earlington has proved he can use his body well enough to be a 5 and create many mismatches offensively at the 5, having Cole, LJ, and Champagnie capable of rebounding will also help if we start 6’7 guy at Center.

My favorite lineup personally

Williams
Cole
LJ
Earlington
Moore

Williams at the point is questionable but he has turned into such a good shooter down the stretch you can’t keep him off the floor with Cole and LJ, in this lineup you have 1-5 that can shoot the ball and create 4-5 mismatches in the same lineup, it would be universally impossible to guard if all are hot on one night, I could even see Moore at 6’10 playing the stretch 4 spot and playing Earlington at the 5.

Alexander
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Roberts/Torro

If LJ leaves which is possible then you still have a really good offensive team either way with many threats still coming off the bench. I just have no clue about the C spot, there’s just so many forward/centers that can play- Earlington, Champagnie, Moore, Roberts, Torro.

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384473

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2688

Billy Don Ferrell wrote: This may be CMA’s deepest team ever, and that could go a long way, I’ve seen projections of Johnnies being picked 4th-8th because the BE is going to more top heavy next year with the big 3 teams but any bodies spot after that, now considering the lineup- for Mike- he always said it didn’t matter who starts but it matters who finishes the game, I’ve seen more Anderson games where players play way better coming off the Bench because it can spark a team if the starting 5 starts out slow.
3 lineups I could really see next season,

Most likely-
Dunn
Cole
LJ
Champagnie
Earlington

Earlington has proved he can use his body well enough to be a 5 and create many mismatches offensively at the 5, having Cole, LJ, and Champagnie capable of rebounding will also help if we start 6’7 guy at Center.

My favorite lineup personally

Williams
Cole
LJ
Earlington
Moore

Williams at the point is questionable but he has turned into such a good shooter down the stretch you can’t keep him off the floor with Cole and LJ, in this lineup you have 1-5 that can shoot the ball and create 4-5 mismatches in the same lineup, it would be universally impossible to guard if all are hot on one night, I could even see Moore at 6’10 playing the stretch 4 spot and playing Earlington at the 5.

Alexander
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Roberts/Torro

If LJ leaves which is possible then you still have a really good offensive team either way with many threats still coming off the bench. I just have no clue about the C spot, there’s just so many forward/centers that can play- Earlington, Champagnie, Moore, Roberts, Torro.

I think we will be excellent because we are going to have both talent and depth. I’ve seen what CMA can do with depth and it’s phenomenal. Now add a significant infusion of talent with 5 new and talented kids with few losses and we can be really good. I hope LJ returns because we can be special and he can be even better with more guard talent and depth. We also add some height and real skill. Gonna be a fun season next year and I think we will be built to make the tourney honestly. Everybody will underrate ya but that’s fine because nobody is going to want to play us. Can’t wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384476

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 527
Assuming Champagnie, Earlington and Williams all show improvement in their outside shooting coupled with the addition of Cole and Moore and the possible return of LJ, next season will be the first in a long time that SJU will have three decent to good outside shooters on the court throughout the game.

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384477

• otis
  • Thank you received: 1562
Any team playing StJs better be able to run because CMA’s depth will allow StJ’s go end to end pretty much all game which will wear opponents down...... I can’t wait
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Last edit: by otis.

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384478

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3702

Enright wrote: Assuming Champagnie, Earlington and Williams all show improvement in their outside shooting coupled with the addition of Cole and Moore and the possible return of LJ, next season will be the first in a long time that SJU will have three decent to good outside shooters on the court throughout the game.

Caraher is also a good shooter and no doubt Dunn will improve but I doubt will get to be catégoriséd as good. Apparently Posh and Wusu can also shoot the ball well.
So we have a group of good shooters, good defenders and rapidly improving rebounders. The outlook is very exciting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Chicago Days

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384479

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 621

Enright wrote: Assuming Champagnie, Earlington and Williams all show improvement in their outside shooting coupled with the addition of Cole and Moore and the possible return of LJ, next season will be the first in a long time that SJU will have three decent to good outside shooters on the court throughout the game.

That's a lot of assumptions.:) I have hopes for Cole and Moore but I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to let them adjust to the new level they're stepping up to. Plus the team has to adjust to the new arrivals The three returnees you mentioned should improve, I'm looking for Julian to make the biggest improvement. LJ's a wild card, hope he's back but I think we'll be OK either way.

All these bodies should allow coach to really implement his his pressing defense next season. Can't wait for us to bring it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

St. John’s (2020-21) 6 months 2 weeks ago #384480

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4320

Ponds
Heron
LJ

last year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnaw17

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight