St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020-21 ROSTER

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387124

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2697

Mike Zaun wrote: As you guys know I only root for teams that stink e.g. Jets, Mets, Knicks, Isles (better in last yr or two but never go that far). SJ at best has been decent since I've been following and at worst has been awful. Not winning a tourney game in 20 yrs means you lost an entire generation of would be fans so yes that's a big deal. The CMA era is off to a good start but let's not get too crazy. It still remains to be seen if he can get us what even Mullin gave us e.g. a team that is just good enough to make the tourney by skin of our teeth but then get blown out. I will be thrilled if we finish 5th in the Big East or better next year. Remember that's out of 11 because UConn is coming. The recruiting still worries me because the recruits are almost always under the radar except for Posh (talking about HS recruits). I was hoping we would get Salnave due to a transfer of someone who won't get PT except in blowouts but did not happen so if one of LJ/Champ/Cole/Posh get injured it can derail the season. I just hope we have enough offense. Cautiously optimistic, but still need lots of questions answered. Let's try to be in the middle of the conference before we talk about Sweet 16's. That ain't happening next yr.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnaw17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387125

• AlexSTJ
  • Thank you received: 238

Mike Zaun wrote: As you guys know I only root for teams that stink e.g. Jets, Mets, Knicks, Isles (better in last yr or two but never go that far). SJ at best has been decent since I've been following and at worst has been awful. Not winning a tourney game in 20 yrs means you lost an entire generation of would be fans so yes that's a big deal. The CMA era is off to a good start but let's not get too crazy. It still remains to be seen if he can get us what even Mullin gave us e.g. a team that is just good enough to make the tourney by skin of our teeth but then get blown out. I will be thrilled if we finish 5th in the Big East or better next year. Remember that's out of 11 because UConn is coming. The recruiting still worries me because the recruits are almost always under the radar except for Posh (talking about HS recruits). I was hoping we would get Salnave due to a transfer of someone who won't get PT except in blowouts but did not happen so if one of LJ/Champ/Cole/Posh get injured it can derail the season. I just hope we have enough offense. Cautiously optimistic, but still need lots of questions answered. Let's try to be in the middle of the conference before we talk about Sweet 16's. That ain't happening next yr.

If LJ returns and the team stays healthy, CMA will have a better record next season than 21-13 (Mullin's NCAA year). Scoring may prove difficult at times but we should be the best defensive team in the Big East next year.

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387129

• Matty Hoops
  • Thank you received: 193
Really like this team if LJ does indeed come back. Deep and versatile. Improved long distance shooting. Plenty of length. Excellent defensive squad. Expectations should be top 5 BE and NCAA tourney *berth (thanks Fuchsia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Matty Hoops.

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387130

• Brian3
  • Thank you received: 33
really hoping there is a season next year.... but if we see the same occurrence next "cold season", without a vaccine, don't know how similar action (no students on campus) isn't actioned given the precedent set.... not saying i agree with the action, just don't know how Universities will justify not taking the same action.

No kids on campus = No Final Four run ;) lol

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387131

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 402

Matty Hoops wrote: Really like this team if LJ does indeed come back. Deep and versatile. Improved long distance shooting. Plenty of length. Excellent defensive squad. Expectations should be top 5 BE and NCAA tourney birth.

Think you meant berth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matty Hoops

2020-21 ROSTER 1 week 6 days ago #387132

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2775
Nah. Matty meant 'birth' like a new beginning. Not 'berth' like a spot on t he shelf. Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, Matty Hoops, Andrew

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight