St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pitino to Iona

Pitino to Iona 2 weeks 1 day ago #387017

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 303
Every school should have a moral compass to guide their behavior, but the amount of money generated today has made those decisions more complex. A number of questionable decisions are defended with the "second chance' or "greater good" rationales.
As long as big donors, and not athletic directors, are calling the shots, the Pitino hire will be more the rule than the exception. Just win, baby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino to Iona 2 weeks 1 day ago #387021

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 402
It's currently 83 degrees. We can do it poolside. She who must be obeyed will gladly help with the beers. I will try to tempt your better half with frozen margaritas and cuba libres. Menu to include charcoal grilled dry rub ribs (with squeeze bottles of home made hot or sweet sauce), fresh-baked pan do queijo, and insalata caprese. Stay well. You can bring dessert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Last edit: by fuchsia. Reason: omission

Pitino to Iona 2 weeks 1 day ago #387025

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3496

Las Vegan wrote: Every school should have a moral compass to guide their behavior, but the amount of money generated today has made those decisions more complex. A number of questionable decisions are defended with the "second chance' or "greater good" rationales.
As long as big donors, and not athletic directors, are calling the shots, the Pitino hire will be more the rule than the exception. Just win, baby.

What is clear is that winning creates a more generous donor base. Two national championships later and Villanova donations have shot through the roof, reaching $100 million annually without a campaign. Their campus is stunning, their arena as close to a professional arena as you can find on a campus, and students must win a lottery in order to be one of the lucky group that can get tickets to a home game.

Dr. Gempeshaw understands the value of branding a university with a winning sports program which is why we are paying CMA more than we've paid any coach before. I don't think you will see Dr. Gempeshaw ever making one of those decisions to bend his morals just to win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rehobie

Pitino to Iona 2 weeks 1 day ago #387047

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 2212
Former Louisville Associate Head Coach Kenny Johnson has been let go by LaSalle after his name came up in a notice of infractions against Louisville. He was hired as an Asst Coach at LaSalle after Pitino and his staff were fired at Louisville.

The infatuation that some on this board have for Pitino is mind boggling. I would like for us to win as much as anyone else. However, there comes a time you have to ask yourself at what cost? Pitino's list of "known" transgressions should have made his return to college coaching impossible. Iona, in a desprate attempt for relevance, made a decision to hire him.

Personally, I could not root for a coach that I did not respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Beast of the East, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, JackofVirginia, fuchsia, RedStormRising, Las Vegan, Class of 72

Pitino to Iona 6 days 19 hours ago #387693

• PSK938
  • Thank you received: 6
He probably won’t get him but Pitino has Iona listed with some big names in a top 75 kids final 10.

www.zagsblog.com/2020/05/19/2021-forward...ams-cuts-list-to-10/

Pitino to Iona 5 days 4 hours ago #387784

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18595
No surprise after leaving one Pitino and encountering another;

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Pitino to Iona 4 days 6 hours ago #387824

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 540

panther2 wrote: Former Louisville Associate Head Coach Kenny Johnson has been let go by LaSalle after his name came up in a notice of infractions against Louisville. He was hired as an Asst Coach at LaSalle after Pitino and his staff were fired at Louisville.

The infatuation that some on this board have for Pitino is mind boggling. I would like for us to win as much as anyone else. However, there comes a time you have to ask yourself at what cost? Pitino's list of "known" transgressions should have made his return to college coaching impossible. Iona, in a desprate attempt for relevance, made a decision to hire him.

. Panther , you mention several things that are valid regarding Rick Pitino .. in a similar vein , I look at the Big East letting UConn back into the Conference . To my mind , it’s much like Pitino returning to College Coaching . UConn under Calhoun was always known as. a Kinda Dirty Program but , always seemed to escape too much scrutiny since they had won several NCAA . Although , I guess 1 was under Kevin Ollie . For which they received some minor sanctions compared to what they should have gotten . But, I digress , allowing UCONN back into the BE lacks that moral compass that has the rest of the League has abided by for years . The BE has been a Clean League , for the most part , but allowing the Huskies back in , raises many issues . Notably , about dollars and sense I
Guess . Hurley doesn’t have any dirty baggage that I know of , although he’s taken some questionable kids . The BE made a mistake letting a Unlimited Budget State School with a shady rep back in .. They can easily dominate the League as a result .
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Las Vegan

Pitino to Iona 4 days 4 hours ago #387838

• fan5577
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 93

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

panther2 wrote: Former Louisville Associate Head Coach Kenny Johnson has been let go by LaSalle after his name came up in a notice of infractions against Louisville. He was hired as an Asst Coach at LaSalle after Pitino and his staff were fired at Louisville.

. Panther , you mention several things that are valid regarding Rick Pitino .. in a similar vein , I look at the Big East letting UConn back into the Conference . To my mind , it’s much like Pitino returning to College Coaching . UConn under Calhoun was always known as. a Kinda Dirty Program but , always seemed to escape too much scrutiny since they had won several NCAA . Although , I guess 1 was under Kevin Ollie . For which they received some minor sanctions compared to what they should have gotten . But, I digress , allowing UCONN back into the BE lacks that moral compass that has the rest of the League has abided by for years . The BE has been a Clean League , for the most part , but allowing the Huskies back in , raises many issues . Notably , about dollars and sense I
Guess . Hurley doesn’t have any dirty baggage that I know of , although he’s taken some questionable kids . The BE made a mistake letting a Unlimited Budget State School with a shady rep back in .. They can easily dominate the League as a result .

I don't know about "easily dominate" but they do have a distinctive financial advantage by being a state run school. In my opinion the BE should not have let them back in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , section10

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight