Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Happy Birthday Chicago Days

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 5 days 23 hours ago #377120

  • Monte
  • Monte's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5701
  • Thank you received: 2559
To one of the best and most positve posters on this board, and one of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hope you're out hanging 10(or at least 5). Enjoy it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, otis, MJDinkins, jerseyshorejohnny, JackofVirginia, Class of 72, bamafan, L J S A, RedStormNC, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Monte.

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 4 days 15 hours ago #377249

  • redken
  • redken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4348
  • Thank you received: 1023

Monte wrote: To one of the best and most positve posters on this board, and one of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hope you're out hanging 10(or at least 5). Enjoy it!

"Best and most positive" .... and most knowledgable as well. Plus, we share great memories of that '63 championshlip Ramblers team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 4 days 13 hours ago #377264

  • Moon Mullen
  • Moon Mullen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 222
  • Thank you received: 80
He has been MIA lately, hope all is well with him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 4 days 10 hours ago #377269

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6184
  • Thank you received: 2609

Moon Mullen wrote: He has been MIA lately, hope all is well with him.


He was around the other day, I think.

He was definitely MIA for a long stretch, but I remember him popping in and saying work was consuming him. Might have been a novel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 3 days 23 hours ago #377299

  • fuchsia
  • fuchsia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1506
  • Thank you received: 284

redken wrote:

Monte wrote: To one of the best and most positve posters on this board, and one of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hope you're out hanging 10(or at least 5). Enjoy it!

"Best and most positive" .... and most knowledgable as well. Plus, we share great memories of that '63 championshlip Ramblers team.


Hunter, Rouse, Miller, Egan, Harkness?
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Birthday Chicago Days 3 days 16 hours ago #377342

  • redken
  • redken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4348
  • Thank you received: 1023

fuchsia wrote:

redken wrote:

Monte wrote: To one of the best and most positve posters on this board, and one of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hope you're out hanging 10(or at least 5). Enjoy it!

"Best and most positive" .... and most knowledgable as well. Plus, we share great memories of that '63 championshlip Ramblers team.


Hunter, Rouse, Miller, Egan, Harkness?

First game I ever saw at Alumni Hall (as a HS junior). It was a rout (Coach Lapchick's only losing season at SJU). Was rooting for the Redmen, of course, but those guys remain etched in my memory 'cause they were so damned good, a well-oiled machine. Went on to beat favored Cincinnati in OT, 60-58, in NCAA title game on Rouse's tip-in buzzer-beater, after trailing by 15 points at the half. As a Bronx kid, I had a special liking for Columbus HS's Ronnie Miller. Hard to believe nowadays, but back then, we had to listen to the title game on the radio; no TV (at least not nationally). Back to the point: Happy Birthday, Chicago Days! We miss you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by redken.
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight