Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Heron Out for Season

Heron Out for Season 1 week 3 hours ago #376950

  • otis
  • otis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2796
  • Thank you received: 1160

Boo Harvey wrote:
Not arguing that his ankle wasn’t a contributing factor, but he wasn’t playing particularly (at least against decent competition) prior to the ankle injury he sustained in the Albany game. And I would argue he was not as good as advertised last year either. Perhaps that was bc of the tendonitis but at some point it’s the player.

=====
Geez ...... I can’t understand why when a college player sustains a season ending injury during his senior year posters feel the need to hurl negative comments rather than just wish the kid good luck in future endeavors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, section10, redken, Class of 72, panther2, bamafan, shamsman2, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 1 week 2 hours ago #376955

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 3692
  • Thank you received: 4169
I was watching on TV last night and it was nice to see Mustapha and Figgy high fiving and celebrating together towards the end. Clearly a lot of friendship and mutual respect there. Pretty obvious at this point that the ankle seriously limited Mustapha's ability to cut and effectively defend in MA's style of pressing defense. Unfortunate but silver lining for team is it will give Greg lots of minutes and a chance to finish season strong in prep for next season. Mustapha can rest up and take some of the self-imposed pressure to be a senior leader off his back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, Class of 72, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 1 week 2 hours ago #376958

  • James Ray Lamb
  • James Ray Lamb's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 81
I hope Mustapha does well after college. I've enjoyed watching him play. He's been an important leader on the team and off the court too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, Jnaw17, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 1 week 2 hours ago #376959

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 25289
  • Thank you received: 16927
Heron injury is quite real and painful from what I sense. Time to put “grassy knoll” theories to rest I suspect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, fuchsia, Class of 72, panther2, bamafan, shamsman2, SJ_NYC, L J S A, NCJohnnie, James Ray Lamb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 3 days 15 hours ago #377337

  • SJU14
  • SJU14's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1541
  • Thank you received: 325


Good luck to Heron with his recovery
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, bamafan, romiSJU, shamsman2, L J S A, James Ray Lamb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 3 days 12 hours ago #377352

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4817
  • Thank you received: 295
Perhaps he game back too soon,if so that’s a shame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 3 days 3 hours ago #377355

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1507
  • Thank you received: 308

otis wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:
Not arguing that his ankle wasn’t a contributing factor, but he wasn’t playing particularly (at least against decent competition) prior to the ankle injury he sustained in the Albany game. And I would argue he was not as good as advertised last year either. Perhaps that was bc of the tendonitis but at some point it’s the player.

=====
Geez ...... I can’t understand why when a college player sustains a season ending injury during his senior year posters feel the need to hurl negative comments rather than just wish the kid good luck in future endeavors.


Not looking to hurl negative comments. I wish Heron well as he was by all accounts an excellent representative of the school.

That said, there were some posts that intimated Heron was significantly slowed down by the injury. Perhaps, but I’m not sure that’s the case since he wasn’t playing much better prior to the injury. It may very well be that be simply reinjured the ankle during a recent practice. I never heard or saw any suggestion that he was playing in pain, but who knows. I don’t agree with deifying someone just bc they’re injured.

I certainly wish him well. These injuries can linger. I remember Mason Jr. was out the better part of two seasons with ankle issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 3 days 3 hours ago #377356

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1507
  • Thank you received: 308

Paultzman wrote: Heron injury is quite real and painful from what I sense. Time to put “grassy knoll” theories to rest I suspect.


Not sure who is espousing “grassy knoll” theories as I didn’t see any posts suggesting that Herron was not really injured.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 2 days 23 hours ago #377369

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6212
  • Thank you received: 1900

Boo Harvey wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Heron injury is quite real and painful from what I sense. Time to put “grassy knoll” theories to rest I suspect.


Not sure who is espousing “grassy knoll” theories as I didn’t see any posts suggesting that Herron was not really injured.

See your post above. Haven't seen anyone "deifying" Heron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron Out for Season 2 days 23 hours ago #377375

  • Mario
  • Mario's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 170
  • Thank you received: 73
Weirdest part about the injury when I saw it, it didn't seem that bad of an ankle turn. Hope he fully heals and has a successful career.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight