Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cragg on Ticket Prices

Cragg on Ticket Prices 1 week 20 hours ago #376689

• redstorm89
  • Thank you received: 76

Proud Alumn wrote: Maybe a new Belmont Arena can be used for non-BE games instead of CA, but it would be a disaster to use it instead of MSG. A major step down. It's not just the arena, it's the middle of Manhattan location that is valuable. I'm all for using a different arena than CA, which is an embarrassing place for us to use as a home court. But we should never think about abandoning MSG.

I don't understand why everyone wants to jump off ship in regards to MSG. a full loud MSG is an awesome place to be. I often take out of state guests to MSG to see st john's games. it has instant name recognition. I live outside the tristate area now so the new Belmont arena would be harder for me to get there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cragg on Ticket Prices 1 week 19 hours ago #376695

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 843
Its a matter of simple arithmetic. If it takes 10,000 fans to break even, having games there that would draw 7,000 fans would result in an economic loss that the school cant afford.

Cragg on Ticket Prices 1 week 19 hours ago #376697

• austour
  • Thank you received: 924
Put a good product on the floor and MSG will be fine. Last year they only played 4 games at MSG but they all sold more than 16K tickets including Providence and SHU, neither of which are the guaranteed crowds of some of the schools we're talking about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Cragg on Ticket Prices 1 week 18 hours ago #376702

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 456

austour wrote: Put a good product on the floor and MSG will be fine. Last year they only played 4 games at MSG but they all sold more than 16K tickets including Providence and SHU, neither of which are the guaranteed crowds of some of the schools we're talking about.

Was surprised that Providence is an on campus game tonight. A weekend afternoon game at MSG would draw a lot of PC fans too. I know it did last year.

Cragg on Ticket Prices 1 week 17 hours ago #376704

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3239

Tonyinfairfield wrote:

austour wrote: Put a good product on the floor and MSG will be fine. Last year they only played 4 games at MSG but they all sold more than 16K tickets including Providence and SHU, neither of which are the guaranteed crowds of some of the schools we're talking about.

Was surprised that Providence is an on campus game tonight. A weekend afternoon game at MSG would draw a lot of PC fans too. I know it did last year.

Yeah thats true but if tonight annoys Cooley and makes his blood boil a bit then I'm all for it!

Cragg on Ticket Prices 6 days 23 hours ago #377012

• P Simmons
  • Thank you received: 202
Cragg & Co **dramatically** increased the season ticket prices this year in the lower bowl at MSG.They decided to make this genius move right after our head coach was fired and when most experts were predicting (correctly) that we would be 9th or 10th in the Big East.

Guess what happened? Empty seats in the lower bowl at MSG and a far higher percentage of Seton Hall/Villanova fans than in years past.

Cragg thought he still was at Duke, he's finally realizing he's not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Cragg on Ticket Prices 6 days 22 hours ago #377022

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 456

Moose wrote:

Tonyinfairfield wrote:

Yeah thats true but if tonight annoys Cooley and makes his blood boil a bit then I'm all for it!

And it clearly did annoy Cooley, based on his referring to CA as a “bandbox.” So I say, let’s schedule PC every year at CA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, section10, Moose, jerseyshorejohnny, IDRAFT, Knight

Cragg on Ticket Prices 6 days 20 hours ago #377040

• kred
  • Thank you received: 74

richard A Steinfeld wrote: Its a matter of simple arithmetic. If it takes 10,000 fans to break even, having games there that would draw 7,000 fans would result in an economic loss that the school cant afford.

Sure they can.. Raise the ticket prices. That's what would happen. Do you think Cragg came here to play in CA or Belmont. ? It's MSG with ticket prices as high as they can be..

Cragg on Ticket Prices 6 days 14 hours ago #377068

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 189
I don't mind playing a bunch of games at Carnesecca. When we have any type of momentum that place can be difficult for opponents. Nova, Uconn, Georgetown, a few out of conferences games (preferably against high majors) and the Hall (now) are the locks for me. And, yes, I think we should keep playing Prov on campus.

Moose wrote:

Tonyinfairfield wrote:

Cragg on Ticket Prices 5 days 2 hours ago #377172

• terrificboss
  • Thank you received: 73
I totally agree. We need MSG long term as we market ourselves as NYC's team. The major programs across the US find a way to play there. Once we have a solid team the crowds will come. Faith will be rewarded!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackfro

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight