Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372758

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 320

newsman13 wrote: We have some nice players and we have some nice players coming in next season. The bottom line is there isn't anyone coming in who can change the course of this moribund program. We're grossly in over our heads in the Big East.
Proof positive...when it came down to ten seconds left...one of the worst three point shooting teams in America ended up with a wild three point attempt. I doubt coach called for that play...but it typically was what it was.
Whine all you want...the reality is, there's no way in the foreseeable future, this team will be able to compete, not only with the blue bloods...but with most of the mediocrities that make up the conference.

The possesion was so bad it wasnt even a 3 point attempt. Heron took a 2. DOH!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372759

• Rehobie
  • Thank you received: 48
No offense but.....
We have no offense.
No pick and roll.
No give and go.
No back door.
No NIT,

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372760

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

kred wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

MCNPA wrote: It’s definitely a rebuild this year. No way around that. We need a lot more talent. Valiant effort but effort alone doesn’t win ball games. Will need a few years and more guys who can put the ball in e basket. I’m not upset about it. Just the way it is and it’s obvious these kids play really hard and are well-coached. Just not enough skills to translate. Providence has underperformed, but they have talent there and may were pretty highly recruited there.

Still not sold on Providence. The conference gave them what turned out to be a gift early schedule. I think we'll beat them at CA next month. Providence could very well be 4-7 going into that game.

Yes and annihilate us like they should've done last night - without 2 rotation players

You mean like the miss ft, putback jam. That was sad

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372761

• Eric Williamson
  • Thank you received: 182

newsman13 wrote: We have some nice players and we have some nice players coming in next season. The bottom line is there isn't anyone coming in who can change the course of this moribund program. We're grossly in over our heads in the Big East.
Proof positive...when it came down to ten seconds left...one of the worst three point shooting teams in America ended up with a wild three point attempt. I doubt coach called for that play...but it typically was what it was.
Whine all you want...the reality is, there's no way in the foreseeable future, this team will be able to compete, not only with the blue bloods...but with most of the mediocrities that make up the conference.

It must have been that way when we beat #16 Arizona, and a WVU team that is now ranked #12, or when we only lost by 2 to a Butler team that is currently ranked #5.

The issue isn't a complete lack of talent. We've proven that we have some talent on the roster. The issue is with the consistency of that talent; the attitude of having to bring it every night just isn't there.

We have a new coach that has a completely different system and approach to the game than the prior staff. It's going to take a few seasons until he gets all of the players that he wants and that he feels will be the best fit for his system. It's probably why Steere hasn't seen the floor much....he may just not fit the style that CMA wants to play.

And when you are trying to implement a new system and culture, there are going to be some lumps and inconsistencies along the way, and I think that is what we are experiencing this season thus far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372768

• newsman13
  • Thank you received: 176

Eric Williamson wrote:

It must have been that way when we beat #16 Arizona, and a WVU team that is now ranked #12, or when we only lost by 2 to a Butler team that is currently ranked #5.

The issue isn't a complete lack of talent. We've proven that we have some talent on the roster. The issue is with the consistency of that talent; the attitude of having to bring it every night just isn't there.

We have a new coach that has a completely different system and approach to the game than the prior staff. It's going to take a few seasons until he gets all of the players that he wants and that he feels will be the best fit for his system. It's probably why Steere hasn't seen the floor much....he may just not fit the style that CMA wants to play.

And when you are trying to implement a new system and culture, there are going to be some lumps and inconsistencies along the way, and I think that is what we are experiencing this season thus far.

As far as a "new system"...we have only two players who got any burn under the "old system". The "new system" argument doesn't wash. The team is pleasing to watch when the other team has the ball. When we have it, it's all downhill. We'll never be "major league" unless we have players who can hit 3s consistently...or coach forbids anyone from taking a three pointer. I don't see the latter happening...and we're not bringing in any sharpshooters. We'd be a force in a lesser conference...and we'd probably be in a post season every year. Sadly, the Big East is killing us.

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372770

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1743
"Some" of the posts I've read remind me of rats leaving a sinking ship. We're on a bad streak with an undersized, poor shooting team. We'll grab a few more wins before the season's end. Like Paultzman said months ago, "This is a process."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, jackfro, Class of 72, sjc88

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372773

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3615

Knight wrote: "Some" of the posts I've read remind me of rats leaving a sinking ship. We're on a bad streak with an undersized, poor shooting team. We'll grab a few more wins before the season's end. Like Paultzman said months ago, "This is a process."

On top of that the play of Heron is equivalent to losing a player to injury. That's what a precipitous drop there's been to his game.
It is almost as critical as UNC losing Cole Anthony. Without Anthony on the roster, the Tar Heels are 2-5. Four different point guards have started for UNC this season. We have no NO point guard. UNC is 14th in the ACC with an 8-8 record. They have 4 and 5 star players. We have Nick Rutherford and Josh Roberts starting.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372776

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 20179

Class of 72 wrote:

Knight wrote: "Some" of the posts I've read remind me of rats leaving a sinking ship. We're on a bad streak with an undersized, poor shooting team. We'll grab a few more wins before the season's end. Like Paultzman said months ago, "This is a process."

On top of that the play of Heron is equivalent to losing a player to injury. That's what a precipitous drop there's been to his game.
It is almost as critical as UNC losing Cole Anthony. Without Anthony on the roster, the Tar Heels are 2-5. Four different point guards have started for UNC this season. We have no NO point guard. UNC is 14th in the ACC with an 8-8 record. They have 4 and 5 star players. We have Nick Rutherford and Josh Roberts starting.

Our point guard void can’t be overstated as you have referenced often.

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372783

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 336
So Roberts Rutherford Heron gave us a total of 7 pts what does that tell you Tell me how we win a games with these players I know I will get jumped on but man for man we could have the weakest team in the big East Coach may and should make a change 15 min of hell is not cutting it. So far the basketball pundits that projected us last are looking really smart

(POST GAME) @Providence, Wed. Jan. 15, 8:30p, FS-1 / 570 WMCA 8 months 1 week ago #372785

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2832

Class of 72 wrote:

It's true UNC is struggling and has better talent than we do. But here is a list of players from their roster and the amount of games they've missed:

Sterling Manley-16 (out for the year)

Anthony Harris-11 (out for the year)

Jeremiah Francis-9 (so far, hasn’t returned)

Cole Anthony-7 (so far, 4-6 week time table)

Brandon Robinson-4

Andrew Platek-2

Leaky Black-1

Armando Bacot-1/2

Certainly, Cole Anthony is the straw who stirs the drink for UNC and make 'em go. But his backcourt mates haven't been healthy, either. I mean they have not one healthy point guard on their roster.

Astonishing enough, and due to injuries, our point guard play is better than what UNC is getting from their point guard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight