Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372039

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1136

Monte wrote:

Ken Shark wrote: Someone mentioned how many assists Dunn could have if our bigs could make a gimme. How so? He'd have to pass the ball first, no? Two times on the same possession he has Earlington standing 5 feet from him, with only one defender back, and he insists on taking in himself! Why? Hate to rip on him after the game he had, but he's a selfish player. One time he got in the air under the basket with nowhere to go and decided to just fall out of bounds rather than trying to pass it toward a teammate.
27 fouls called in the second half. 27
Watching the game today made me realize how much Williams would have helped guarding McClung the other night.
Glad to see Champagnie producing again.

Dunn is a scorer. As such he has a scorers mentality. You’re expecting him to behave like a PG. Maybe in time, but he’s still feeling his way out there. I for one am thrilled to have him and am willing to take the cons that come with his many pros. He’s our best player right now.

And frankly, we need him to be a scorer. Other then LJ and Heron, who else on this team can put up the points on a consistent basis?

He has a lot of Marcus Hatten in his game, though not quite as dominant, obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Section9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372040

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 271

mjmaherjr wrote: And pleasure to have firestorm Ken.... come to 114. An awesome dude even though he’s Canadian . Lol but thanks very much for coming to hang with us truly an awesome guy !!!

Nice to connect with MJM, Weatherman and 114 crew. Mike even supplied beer, demonstrating he knows the way to a Canuck’s heart. Big win and great day in NYC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, mjmaherjr, L J S A

Last edit: by firestorm.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372046

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 100

Paultzman wrote:

Who is the guy behind Rutledge and to Moses’s left. Thanks in advance

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372049

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1690
Regarding Dunn; there's a fine line between being selfish and being self confident. We'll see how that plays out as the season progresses.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372050

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 418

Knight wrote: Regarding Dunn; there's a fine line between being selfish and being self confident. We'll see how that plays out as the season progresses.

For those of you who know the technical aspects of the game better than me, why is Dunn such a poor shooter? His mechanics look pretty good to me. He shoots free throws well. If he could even shoot it as well as Ponds did last year, he would likely be all league.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372052

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 660

Ken Shark wrote: Someone mentioned how many assists Dunn could have if our bigs could make a gimme. How so? He'd have to pass the ball first, no? Two times on the same possession he has Earlington standing 5 feet from him, with only one defender back, and he insists on taking in himself! Why? Hate to rip on him after the game he had, but he's a selfish player. One time he got in the air under the basket with nowhere to go and decided to just fall out of bounds rather than trying to pass it toward a teammate.
Watching the game today made me realize how much Williams would have helped guarding McClung the other night.

Dunn is not selfish at all, he's averaging a team high 3.3 APG. As another poster mentioned he's a SG learning how to play PG, and so far I think he's done a great job at adjusting. He's not always going to see everything we see watching in the living room. Also he has said in post game press conferences CMA has asked him to be aggressive and attack the rim, so he's just doing what the coach tells him, that's his game, CMA wants him attacking that rim and drawing fouls he's really good at it. IMO, Dunn is the MVP right now, playing great basketball and been the most consistent player on both the offensive and defensive end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, IDRAFT, Class of 72, Redmen88, Andrew, NCJohnnie

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372053

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 2625

thetux1 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

From left to right, Ron Rutledge, Lamont Middleton, Coach Carnesecca, Brian, Mahoney, Shawnelle Scott, Amir Sealey (Malik's Brother), and Edwin Searcy. The highlight of the afternoon was Ed Searcy showing off the NBA Championship ring he received as a member of the Boston Celtics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mkras99, redmannorth, Room112, thetux1, Monte, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, section10, JackofVirginia, gonzalo and 5 other people also said thanks.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372054

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

SJU61982 wrote:

Monte wrote:

Dunn is a scorer. As such he has a scorers mentality. You’re expecting him to behave like a PG. Maybe in time, but he’s still feeling his way out there. I for one am thrilled to have him and am willing to take the cons that come with his many pros. He’s our best player right now.

And frankly, we need him to be a scorer. Other then LJ and Heron, who else on this team can put up the points on a consistent basis?

He has a lot of Marcus Hatten in his game, though not quite as dominant, obviously.

Heron is a consistent scorer? Not to me.
Yesterday he had a good game, but that's only one game. Let him do it on a regular basis before calling him a consistent scorer. Hopefully yesterday was the start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372055

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

panther2 wrote:

thetux1 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Thinking Tux was asking about the guy between (behind) Mahoney and Hamilton.
Probably got in the pic by accident.

From left to right, Ron Rutledge, Lamont Middleton, Coach Carnesecca, Brian, Mahoney, Shawnelle Scott, Amir Sealey (Malik's Brother), and Edwin Searcy. The highlight of the afternoon was Ed Searcy showing off the NBA Championship ring he received as a member of the Boston Celtics.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Coaster

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 months 3 weeks ago #372056

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4832
side note the long island railroad sucks. Pretty much trains weren't running on the huntington line because of track work somewhere west of mineola. Without some pain in the ass rerouting making the train ride longer than the orient express so I had to drive in.

I think it's going on next saturday too so going to have to dive to port washington or something and take different train

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight