Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 1 week 3 minutes ago #372103

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2394

Duke of Earlington wrote:

fuchsia wrote: Can we lock Marcellus in a gym with Bernard King and Charles Barkley over the summer?

Id like to see the duke drop 10lbs to increase his quickness and get a little more hops. Ive seen videos w/ his trainer and he is getting tons of mid range and 3s up. Its just not translating in a game yet. Hopefully that will come next year.

Is it true the Duke can catch a fly with chopsticks? Also heard he can juggle 9 basketballs for an hour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 23 hours ago #372104

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3953
Duke of Earlington wrote:I'd like to see the duke drop 10lbs to increase his quickness and get a little more hops. Ive seen videos w/ his trainer and he is getting tons of mid range and 3s up. Its just not translating in a game yet. Hopefully that will come next year.

To me, Earlington's strength and energy are his two main strengths, no pun intended. Do not want to see him take off weight. Agree that he needs to work on his shot a lot, but love the rest of his game as is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 20 hours ago #372112

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3250

thetux1 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Who is the guy behind Rutledge and to Moses’s left. Thanks in advance

I could be wrong but he is Ron G who is a big supporter. Sterling can verify and I don’t want to print his last name.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 14 hours ago #372114

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 1748

Class of 72 wrote:

thetux1 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

I could be wrong but he is Ron G who is a big supporter. Sterling can verify and I don’t want to print his last name.

That is Ron G, who was a manager while a student and now heads the Basketball Alumni. He organizes the Mass for Coach Carnesecca every year among other things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Class of 72

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 6 hours ago #372168

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 16280

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 6 hours ago #372171

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 397

panther2 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

thetux1 wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

That is Ron G, who was a manager while a student and now heads the Basketball Alumni. He organizes the Mass for Coach Carnesecca every year among other things.

Shawnelle Scott looks like he hasn't aged a day.

And kudos to anyone who can ID Lamont Middleton sans headband.

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 6 days 5 hours ago #372186

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 2407

Andrew wrote:

Ken Shark wrote: Someone mentioned how many assists Dunn could have if our bigs could make a gimme. How so? He'd have to pass the ball first, no? Two times on the same possession he has Earlington standing 5 feet from him, with only one defender back, and he insists on taking in himself! Why? Hate to rip on him after the game he had, but he's a selfish player. One time he got in the air under the basket with nowhere to go and decided to just fall out of bounds rather than trying to pass it toward a teammate.
27 fouls called in the second half. 27
Watching the game today made me realize how much Williams would have helped guarding McClung the other night.
Glad to see Champagnie producing again.

I agree he should have given the ball to Duke on the two and one but like many others said he has a scorers mentality and that may take some time. With the way this team misses layups an extra pass doesn’t always help anyway.

Agree Andrew. But in defense of Earl he may be the best finisher around the rim that we have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

(POST GAME) (MSG) DePaul, Sat. Jan. 11, Noon, FSN (YES) / 970 WNYM 5 days 12 hours ago #372240

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 1748

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Only was able to watch the first 10 minutes, but followed on my phone. Great move by coach starting Heron up front; just what he needed to get untracked.
Suspect Williams is going to keep getting better and more confident with his shot and getting plenty of minutes the rest of the year. If Roberts continues to play soft, Champagnie may get some of his minutes at the five spot. Bench was solid, giving us 25 points to Depaul's 17. Nice to see Caraher hit a couple of outside shots.

On to Providence!

Thanks.
Was visiting my 94 year old mom at Veterans Home in St Albans - no TV or radio so appreciate all of your posts ! Thank you - I’d have been lost without this site
Any W is great, of course,
But my take,
we are an “ okay “ team in a league replete with better than “ okay “ teams.
Our kids hustle and care, which is commendable, but - no great revelation I realize - the talent level is not there.

all the best...
Go Storm !!!

Wish I knew you were in my neighborhood, I live two blocks from the Veterans Hospital.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight