Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371179

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 27202
  • Thank you received: 20161
St. John's will be without sophomore guard Greg Williams Jr. tonight. He's in concussion protocol.
Zach B

It occurred in Xavier game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371183

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4161
  • Thank you received: 4927
We'll miss him for sure on our pressure defense and depth wise. Critical that Mustapha doesn't pick up early reach in fouls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371519

  • fuchsia
  • fuchsia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1787
  • Thank you received: 555
Hope he is back for our game with Marcus Howard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371535

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 3830
  • Thank you received: 1286

fuchsia wrote: Hope he is back for our game with Marcus Howard.


We need him back ASAP. I know scoring is a huge priority but Greg was playing fantastic all around basketball the last 7 or so games. Like, if he was scoring 10 a game he would be an all big east level player, type good.

What I’m most excited about is seeing the 3 sophomores from last class + Champaigne become upperclassmen. I have no doubt that if those 4 guys are on our roster two years from now that we will be a tourney team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371642

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4161
  • Thank you received: 4927
Any word on Greg's status for tomorrow's game? We could really use him, but I know they need to be very cautious with anyone in concussion protocol and would kind of doubt he plays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371643

  • Duke of Earlington
  • Duke of Earlington's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 889
  • Thank you received: 320
I have to think he plays. Even nfl guys come back in a week. The myles powell situation was bizarre. i do not think that is the case here. Greg is back tomorrow IMO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371647

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 27202
  • Thank you received: 20161

NCJohnnie wrote: Any word on Greg's status for tomorrow's game? We could really use him, but I know they need to be very cautious with anyone in concussion protocol and would kind of doubt he plays.

Not cleared yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371650

  • SJU14
  • SJU14's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1670
  • Thank you received: 468

Duke of Earlington wrote: I have to think he plays. Even nfl guys come back in a week. The myles powell situation was bizarre. i do not think that is the case here. Greg is back tomorrow IMO.


Incorrect. Every concussion is different and timelines vary from 5 days to months/years. A concussion protocol is at a minimum 4/5 days symptom free. It depends on where he is in the protocol, but he probably won’t play (unless he passed every stage without symptoms). The Myles Powell situation was more the norm than bizarre.

For timeline purposes, the injury happened on Sunday 1/5:

Day 1 is Monday 1/6
Day 5 is Friday 1/10
Day 6 is game day

In order for Greg to play, he would have to have been symptom free through every part of the testing every day, highly unlikely. Any sign of symptoms and you start back at day 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, RedStormRising, capmaker, Andrew, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SJU14.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371651

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 27202
  • Thank you received: 20161

SJU14 wrote:

Duke of Earlington wrote: I have to think he plays. Even nfl guys come back in a week. The myles powell situation was bizarre. i do not think that is the case here. Greg is back tomorrow IMO.


Incorrect. Every concussion is different and timelines vary from 5 days to months/years. A concussion protocol is at a minimum 4/5 days symptom free. It depends on where he is in the protocol, but he probably won’t play (unless he passed every stage without symptoms). The Myles Powell situation was more the norm than bizarre.

For timeline purposes, the injury happened on Sunday 1/5:

Day 1 is Monday 1/6
Day 5 is Friday 1/10
Day 6 is game day

In order for Greg to play, he would have to have been symptom free through every part of the testing every day, highly unlikely. Any sign of symptoms and you start back at day 1.

Intelligent & much appreciated post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg Williams Out Tonight 8 months 2 weeks ago #371652

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4161
  • Thank you received: 4927
SJU114, thanks much for the info. Sounds like Wednesday's game against PC a more realistic return if all goes well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight